ADVERTISEMENT

My new toy...

Very cool... I was looking into a cyclocross a while back

so I could ride on dirt and gravel roads and still keep a decent pace on paved roads. I still haven't bought a new bike, though...

Re: Very cool... I was looking into a cyclocross a while back

Originally posted by Ranger Dan:
so I could ride on dirt and gravel roads and still keep a decent pace on paved roads. I still haven't bought a new bike, though...
This type would work well for you. The tires are a little thin if you have some loose gravel but its great on pavement and the crushed limestone they use on most bike trials.
I had the 7.3 version but man this one is so much lighter its nuts, plus I like that they've hidden the cables in the frame.

I have the same bike, only mine's black since I wanted to hide road dirt.

You'll enjoy the bike. Well deserved....that's what OT is for.

Very nice....I did the same thing...treated myself to a road bike about two years ago...I bought a Felt. I own a trek hybrid though for cruising with my wife

Very nice, but if you want to bike with friends......

8281.jpg

I prefer the trails and mountain biking, but that is a sweet road bike!! Very nice!

If it took a "ton of OT" to buy that, I suppose a new Corvette is out of the question.

Originally posted by klive:
I prefer the trails and mountain biking, but that is a sweet road bike!! Very nice!
Its a hybrid and will do both road and bike trails really well, not so much Mountain bike trails though.

Originally posted by AngryOtter:
That's sweet… How much did you pay if you don't mind?
List is 1,100.00
but the local bike shop was running a spring sale (I'm guessing because spring has been crappy they needed something to boost sales) so I got it for a little under 900.00

Originally posted by PSUinMICH:
If it took a "ton of OT" to buy that, I suppose a new Corvette is out of the question.
Pretty much.
This post was edited on 4/3 8:23 AM by BBrown

For the record....

...I don't see anywhere where BBrown says this bike took *all* of his OT earnings.

Man dude, you should loosen up.

Sometimes I think you're wrapped too tight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT