ADVERTISEMENT

My Old School cover...thought you might enjoy...

Love that song. Thanks for sharing. And the saxophonist wearing the yellow shorts is definitely much, much cooler than the drummer. (Bob should not spend too much time focusing on the female vocalist.)

I saw that recently for the first time. It is a kick ass cover and Leonid & Friends is a kick ass band.

ETA: The one guy (the guy with the beard and long black hair that sings the Peter Cetera part in the Chicago covers) is always in a separate place in these videos and I've read it's because he lives in a completely different part of Russia. I feel bad for him, he looks left out.

ETA #2: The usual guitar player, who has worn a PSU t-shirt in the past BTW, is not on this one for some reason. I hope he didn't leave the band.

Reactions: Colorado Lion
From what I read, the Russian guitar player Sergey Kashirin was discovered from these videos and may now have his own label contract.
Ukraine singer Serge Tiagnyriandno has made a few trips to Russia and has recorded several videos together with Leonid & Friends.
My wife is convinced that the other singer Vasily Akimov is a former KGB agent, ha.

My best guess is that they got the PSU and OSU shirts when they preformed at MSG pre Covid.
If you ever get a chance and listen to some of their interviews, it's amazing how they have heavy accents speaking a little English and almost none singing.
Anyway, they're outstanding.

I have always loved this song. My mother was an alumna of W&M and I hoped to attend as well. Unfortunately I was rejected which sent me into a tail spin so after making several course connections, and the immense help of my very good buddy from high school, Steve A, it was on to F&M!
The other reason was the inclusion of Annandale, NJ in my case. I dated a wonderful woman from Linden and we met a few times in Annandale!

Reactions: Colorado Lion
Very faithful cover of the original. If this was actually live studio work, these are some very accomplished musicians.
Love the brass section, something almost entirely missing from today’s songs.

I saw that recently for the first time. It is a kick ass cover and Leonid & Friends is a kick ass band.

ETA: The one guy (the guy with the beard and long black hair that sings the Peter Cetera part in the Chicago covers) is always in a separate place in these videos and I've read it's because he lives in a completely different part of Russia. I feel bad for him, he looks left out.

ETA #2: The usual guitar player, who has worn a PSU t-shirt in the past BTW, is not on this one for some reason. I hope he didn't leave the band.
He lives in the Ukraine which is not on friendly terms with Russia.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT