ADVERTISEMENT

NAIA essentially bans trans athletes from women’s sports.

In my mind, these are where the greatest challenges lie for Americans. I am talking about where the fundamental rights of one person impinge on the rights of the one next to them. The first real realization of this was "secondhand smoke". As a frequent flier, I often exited flights reeking of smoke. Slowly, the industry banned smoking and everyone is better for it.

Most of the high-friction societal issues fall into this category. The rights of trans-athletes fall into this category, IMHO. I don't want to stand in the way of anyone's pursuit of excellence. But when their pursuit, by definition, stands in the way of the majority of individual's pursuit, it needs to be considered.

I often hear the argument, "Well, it is just a small number...." but that argument goes both ways. With limited resources, society cannot spend a ton of time and money on statistical anomalies. Allowing trans athletes totally invalidates Title IX.

I won't post in this thread moving forward to minimize the political and controversial nature of this topic that spans both sports and "current events". But let me finish by saying I wish nothing but the best for trans people and hope for an acceptable resolution. But if this persists, woman (the majority of humans on the planet) will eventually be harmed as I believe participation in sports is essential for kids to learn about life and themselves.

In my mind, these are where the greatest challenges lie for Americans. I am talking about where the fundamental rights of one person impinge on the rights of the one next to them. The first real realization of this was "secondhand smoke". As a frequent flier, I often exited flights reeking of smoke. Slowly, the industry banned smoking and everyone is better for it.

Most of the high-friction societal issues fall into this category. The rights of trans-athletes fall into this category, IMHO. I don't want to stand in the way of anyone's pursuit of excellence. But when their pursuit, by definition, stands in the way of the majority of individual's pursuit, it needs to be considered.

I often hear the argument, "Well, it is just a small number...." but that argument goes both ways. With limited resources, society cannot spend a ton of time and money on statistical anomalies. Allowing trans athletes totally invalidates Title IX.

I won't post in this thread moving forward to minimize the political and controversial nature of this topic that spans both sports and "current events". But let me finish by saying I wish nothing but the best for trans people and hope for an acceptable resolution. But if this persists, woman (the majority of humans on the planet) will eventually be harmed as I believe participation in sports is essential for kids to learn about life and themselves.
Agree with everything you said. This should not be political. It's a very simple issue if you ask yourself one simple question?

Why was a separate category for women's sports created?

The answer, of course, is sexual dimorphism. Women, on average, are smaller, slower, and weaker. They have less bone density and less muscle mass. Allowing a male who has gone through puberty to compete against females is unfair, from a competition standpoint, and physically dangerous for the smaller sex. Ignoring the differences between men and women is no different than if there weren't weight classes in wrestling.
If people with intact male genitalia are allowed to compete against women, then there is no reason to segregate sports by sex at all.

Agree with everything you said. This should not be political. It's a very simple issue if you ask yourself one simple question?

Why was a separate category for women's sports created?

The answer, of course, is sexual dimorphism. Women, on average, are smaller, slower, and weaker. They have less bone density and less muscle mass. Allowing a male who has gone through puberty to compete against females is unfair, from a competition standpoint, and physically dangerous for the smaller sex. Ignoring the differences between men and women is no different than if there weren't weight classes in wrestling.
If people with intact male genitalia are allowed to compete against women, then there is no reason to segregate sports by sex at all.
When something so blatantly obvious becomes “controversial” you have to ask yourself why is this happening? That’s where it becomes political.

Exactly. Funny how so many of these zealots claim to be all about science except for biology which they think is BS. Unbelievable.
I had a guy tell me on a different forum that Trumpers don’t follow the science. I asked him why the left thinks that men can become pregnant. He literally tried to explain it to me, but I couldn’t understand it and was not going to go down that rabbit hole.

I had a guy tell me on a different forum that Trumpers don’t follow the science. I asked him why the left thinks that men can become pregnant. He literally tried to explain it to me, but I couldn’t understand it and was not going to go down that rabbit hole.
Ask him if the science says a being with a heart beat is alive? Tell him to follow that science.🤷

You're just not smart enough Delco ;)

Reactions: bison13 and 91Joe95
That is a really funny story and great post by you.

Reactions: bison13
Let's be honest. The NCAA is hoping this becomes a legal battle allowing (or forcing) them to do the same

Reactions: bison13

OK, let me do my part to have this thread locked, deleted, or moved: the issue at hand goes far beyond politics or political figures.

Ultimately it goes to an argument...it could even be called a war...between two opposing camps of thought that in the end do not admit of compromise: one holding there is no "truth" or "reality" beyond that based on power and self-interest invented for ourselves as self-anointed gods; and the other, which formed the ancient foundation of Western Civilization, holding that Truth and Reality are the creation of a Power beyond ourselves, ignored at our own peril.

That's it and that's all. Everything else is bullshit and window dressing.

The thing is, we can claim anything. We can pretend anything. We can claim and pretend we're birds while pasting feathers on our arms. But when we jump from a cliff pretending to be able to fly, we're still going to meet a bad end at the bottom of the cliff. We're getting closer to the edge of the cliff every day.

There are no trans athletes. Transexualism is a myth. In all of human history, no man has become a woman and no woman has ever become a man.

Posted the OP without comment to see where it went.

Just wanted to add that the NAIA has a substantial number of small religious affiliated colleges. Presbyterian, Catholic, Jesuit, and more. May have been a factor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT