ADVERTISEMENT

Narduzzi name drops Penn State, say he'd love to play them

Also, said he'd like a date with Sydney Sweeny.

giphy.gif

Reactions: The Spin Meister
We schedule cupcakes so might as well schedule Pitt. Just another horrible non conference game when compared to the rest of the Big Ten.

I don’t understand all the hate for making this an annual game. Taking the business side out of it, it’s a game any true Pennsylvanian will want to watch. Everyone loathes the whole “I hate how bastardized college football is”. Then in the same breath, “ugh why help them with their brand and their finances”. If you love football, who gives a shit.

I don’t understand all the hate for making this an annual game. Taking the business side out of it, it’s a game any true Pennsylvanian will want to watch. Everyone loathes the whole “I hate how bastardized college football is”. Then in the same breath, “ugh why help them with their brand and their finances”. If you love football, who gives a shit.
Because it is a huge boost for Pitt. Financially, image, recruiting and more.

Why help a competitor?

No hate...
But there is no football benefit to playing Pitt at this point in time. It is not the 1980's..
Get over it!

Ask yourself why PSU doesn't play Kutztown. The answer is the same.

I'd rather watch an interesting competitive game against a legit SEC school yearly

You guys are nuts. It’s a classic rivalry game and I get stupid answers like Kutztown. We should just scratch ever playing non conference games unless they are FCS or above us in prestige based on that logic. Why help West Virginia either for that matter?

You guys are nuts. It’s a classic rivalry game and I get stupid answers like Kutztown. We should just scratch ever playing non conference games unless they are FCS or above us in prestige based on that logic. Why help West Virginia either for that matter?
WVU usually sells out home games, they are consistently better than Pitt. W Virginia is not a recruiting hotbed.

And we played Pitt a couple times, now it is WVU’s turn,.

Last edited:
Reactions: bison13
Because it would get boring crushing them every year.
Should PSU play Duquesne too?
Or how about Bucknell? They have a 22 game history with them.

Stop living in the past. You will feel better.

Reactions: joeaubie21

Forget dog dropping PiT.

Once upon a time, Amos Alonzo Stagg coached The University of Chicago to 2 National Championships before the university axed the football program and then left the Big10. The point is that things change. Pitt used to be a football power. Pitt/PSU WAS a classic rivalry.

In the 21st century, Pitt football has a win percentage of .567 in a couple of basketball conferences.
It's been ~40years since Pitt was relevant.
Pitt/PSU is no longer a rivalry of any kind.

There is no benefit to PSU scheduling Pitt, just as there is no benefit to PSU scheduling Kutztown.
Then you try to equate playing Pitt annually with occasionally scheduling a home and home with WV
This thread IS "stupid". Your label is misdirected, however.

Guess I’m not a true Pennsylvanian

Maybe we should play Lehigh to avenge our worse loss ever?

Reactions: bison13
This is obviously a very unpopular opinion but I’m with you. If a MAC team gives us a scare in September you will read all of the same types of scheduling complaints here anyway.

This gets rehashed by a Pitt fan every year at least once. PSU needs home games. That is why they need to play the MAC level teams of the world. PSU is currently rotating in old eastern “rivals” each year. WVU now. Temple and Syracuse in future years. Pitt fans hate this line, but they can always agree to play at PSU every game.

No idea--we shouldn't be playing WVU--it's a waste

This gets rehashed by a Pitt fan every year at least once. PSU needs home games. That is why they need to play the MAC level teams of the world. PSU is currently rotating in old eastern “rivals” each year. WVU now. Temple and Syracuse in future years. Pitt fans hate this line, but they can always agree to play at PSU every game.
Probably only take 40 years to make it even.

Reactions: Ski and bison13
This is obviously a very unpopular opinion but I’m with you. If a MAC team gives us a scare in September you will read all of the same types of scheduling complaints here anyway.
Pitt is basically a MAC school so what does that have to do with this thread?
;)

Pitt needs to do something to generate buzz around their program, and they're going to need help. This year's schedule consists of WVU in WVU in mid-September, Clemson in mid-November, and ten games that will draw little interest outside the respective teams' fan bases. I don't fault Narduzzi for trying, but the need to talk about a team they're not playing tells you where they stand as a program.

A lot of PS fans want that game every year, but PS wouldn't gain anything from playing them. We already cherry pick the players we want from that area. Playing sPitt would not be like going into VA NC SC or Fl if we were playing teams from those states and recruiting there.

I am in the minority on this topic here on the board, but not in general PSU fandom. This game should happen every year during rivalry week. In fact, I would prefer to have them in the B1G. It makes the conference a lot more interesting.

Pitt should be scheduling Temple every year. Schools from the two biggest cities in PA with similar reputations nationally. Make it their end of season game around Thanksgiving. With all those people living in Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, tickets will sell like hotcakes! Just don't schedule the game up against the Civic Light Opera or when the museums and wineries are still open.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT