ADVERTISEMENT

NBA All Star Saturday Night!

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
A friend of mine's business put together an NBA all-star party at the galleria mall (soon to be a Weston Hotel) Saturday night with lil Baby and Gunna. Kodack Black was supposed to be there but he got shot at the Super Bowl (was collateral damage; wasn't directly involved) We had dinner at 9pm and showed up at 11ish. There was a long line to get in but we were "VIPs' and used a side door. There were no "drinks". You had to reserve a sofa and bottles of you favorite. We got Chirac and Tequilla along with OJ and some other mixers along with some beer. I don't drink so just watched.

We were probably, ten of about 5,000 who were white. The bathrooms for the VIP area were downstairs and on the other side of the stage. You had to push by the stage to get there, and that was really REALLY crowded as you might guess. I made the mistake of having coffee over dinner to stay up so used the bathroom twice. I wish I could post the photos. The dress was unreal. Most girls wore some kind of thigh high, five in heel boots with a mini-skirt. One gal looked like she was just wrapped in stips of rags with her boobs hanging out completely exposed. There was a dress code for men, had to wear a collared shirt, but it looked like that was the far minority.

So being white and old made me really stand out. My wife looked simply dazzling, to be honest. Several people stopped her to tell her how great she looked.

The great news is that everyone simply could not have been nicer. People saw me coming and stepped aside. One gal and her BF stopped me to tell me that they had porta-potties in the back which were more convenient. At first it was like a third-world country but by the time we left, about 1:30am, we were very comfortable. I found a DL from Florida and a young girls photo. I went around asking if anyone knew her, in the area, and people couldn't have been nicer trying to help. I suspect she was "talent" brought in for the event. I finally gave it to the wait staff and they broadcast that it was found in case anyone asked.

When we left, my wife and I were trying to get through the crowd and two bouncers came up, grabbed us by the arms and just pushed their way through. They had no idea who we were because we were far from the VIP area but probably realized we were out of our element. People didn't seem to mind being pushed out of the way because nobody beefed at all. They just moved.

Overall a great time. Memories made forever. Quite a different experience from my concert-going days to see Grand Funk, Humble PIe, Bruce, ELO, ELP, BOC and Gino Vinelli!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News