ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Championship

Caitlinmania. Rules. All.

Celtics in 5 if they take 1 in Dallas.

I, too, am dealing with a calf strain.

Reactions: Obliviax
Dallas is extremely overmatched here. Luka, Kyrie, and a bunch of guys I've never heard of. Brad Stevens has done an incredible job of building the Celtics roster. I wouldn't rule out the sweep.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
Dallas is extremely overmatched here. Luka, Kyrie, and a bunch of guys I've never heard of. Brad Stevens has done an incredible job of building the Celtics roster. I wouldn't rule out the sweep.

I didn't even realize Brad Stevens was still coaching the Celtics. I became a huge fan of his when he took Butler, of all schools, to back-to-back NCAA finals. I know he didn't win one but what an incredible coaching job to even be able to accomplish that. I hope he wins one with the Celtics to cement his legacy.

EDIT - Apparently he is an executive with the Celtics and not a coach. Even so, I'd like him to get a ring.

Reactions: Lesgo_Brandon
I didn't even realize Brad Stevens was still coaching the Celtics. I became a huge fan of his when he took Butler, of all schools, to back-to-back NCAA finals. I know he didn't win one but what an incredible coaching job to even be able to accomplish that. I hope he wins one with the Celtics to cement his legacy.

EDIT - Apparently he is an executive with the Celtics and not a coach. Even so, I'd like him to get a ring.
He actually did a great job as the coach of the Celtics too before moving to the front office. Well respected by the players.

And I strongly agree with your Butler take. They haven't been the same since he left.

I agree that the Celtics are a much deeper team. One other thing is that Doncic isn't a good defender.

I agree that the Celtics are a much deeper team. One other thing is that Doncic isn't a good defender.
Watching the NBA on TNT they all agreed whoever came out of the west would win and picked Dallas based on Luka and Kyrie's offensive skills. The Celtics went right after them as defensive liabilities. Luka looks slow and out of his game. Windhorts just unloaded on him after the game last night. He may not be 100%.

Last edited:
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Celtics are trading 3s for 2s all the way to the title. They have six starting caliber players who can all shoot the 3, with a couple more shooters coming off the bench. They spread the floor and force teams to step out to guard them. And when that happens, they blow by the weaker defender to attack the unprotected rim. Pretty simple stuff if you have that skill set.
Defensively, they are running Doncic and Irvine off the 3-point line and making them shoot 2s. The Mavs don’t have enough shooters to make them pay a price for that plan.
Prettiest impressive playoff run so far for the Celtics, who are playing most games without their big man.

Watching the NBA on TNT they all agreed whoever came out of the west would win and picked Dallas based on Luka and Kyrie's offensive skills. The Celtics went right after them as defensive liabilities. Luka looks slow and out of his game. Windhorts just unloaded on him after the game last night. He may not be 100%.

Luka has multiple nagging injuries.

Celtics are trading 3s for 2s all the way to the title. They have six starting caliber players who can all shoot the 3, with a couple more shooters coming off the bench. They spread the floor and force teams to step out to guard them. And when that happens, they blow by the weaker defender to attack the unprotected rim. Pretty simple stuff if you have that skill set.
Defensively, they are running Doncic and Irvine off the 3-point line and making them shoot 2s. The Mavs don’t have enough shooters to make them pay a price for that plan.
Prettiest impressive playoff run so far for the Celtics, who are playing most games without their big man.
And credit to Mazzulla to for devising and implementing this winning game plan.

As a diehard Sixers fan and PSU alum with a bunch of University of Michigan in-laws, this is without a doubt the least amount of fun I've had in any single sports year.
Celtics AND UM!!?! I just can't...

I thought this was a really good point. I know LeBron, MJ and Pippen became the best defensive players in the NBA in order to win an NBA championship. Great lesson to be learned.

It's nice to see a team win with depth instead of just 1 or 2 superstars.

Tatum - best all around player
White - defense, gets on the floow
Brown - series MVP
Porzingins/Horford - good 1-2 punch
Holiday - almost Rodman like getting rebounds and loose balls
Hauser - sharpshooter off the bench

It's nice to see a team win with depth instead of just 1 or 2 superstars.

Tatum - best all around player
White - defense, gets on the floow
Brown - series MVP
Porzingins/Horford - good 1-2 punch
Holiday - almost Rodman like getting rebounds and loose balls
Hauser - sharpshooter off the bench
I hate the Celtics because Boston fans are the worst on the planet. Regardless, you have to like this team. The coach and players are selfless. They have an interesting strategy in that they only want dunks and 3's. Shooting at 35%, with 20 attempts shooting a 3 yields 21 points. Shooting 45% for two not in the paint yields 18 points.

That is the new NBA.

Nor is Kyrie a good defender. Both Doncic and Kyrie are offensive minded and rest on defense.
Agreed 100%. And this is why I like LeBron and MJ. They knew, deep in the playoffs, your legs give out and teams have to win ugly defensive games. it was clear that the Mavs were gassed after getting into the final. Celtics went right after them. Smart.

I hate the Celtics because Boston fans are the worst on the planet. Regardless, you have to like this team. The coach and players are selfless. They have an interesting strategy in that they only want dunks and 3's. Shooting at 35%, with 20 attempts shooting a 3 yields 21 points. Shooting 45% for two not in the paint yields 18 points.

That is the new NBA.
This sport has devolved into a three point shooting contest both at the college and pro levels. I don't care how athletic these players are touted to be, I believe that the sport has become boring because of this. I was a huge NBA fan in the 80s and 90s, and even remember watching the Finals on tape delay in the 70s, so I'm not an inherently anti-NBA person; I just hate the way the game is played today.

I almost wish that a basket from inside the arc would be worth more than a basket from beyond the arc, because then this would promote more technique like pick and rolls and backdoor passes.

Reactions: Ski and bison13
This sport has devolved into a three point shooting contest both at the college and pro levels. I don't care how athletic these players are touted to be, I believe that the sport has become boring because of this. I was a huge NBA fan in the 80s and 90s, and even remember watching the Finals on tape delay in the 70s, so I'm not an inherently anti-NBA person; I just hate the way the game is played today.

I almost wish that a basket from inside the arc would be worth more than a basket from beyond the arc, because then this would promote more technique like pick and rolls and backdoor passes.
Well, it was a big man's game before the 3 point line. Now you have guys that are 6-8 and more being prolific 3 point shooters. The 3 point line has kind of lost its usefulness. I recall watching the Van Gundy Orlando Magic making strong runs in the playoffs with nothing but three pointers.

For me, I really admire the players and consider them the best athletes on the planet. I was mesmerized watching Larry Nance jump. At 6-10, the guy 40 Inches. I remember him towering over Hot Rod Williams and Brad Daugherty to get rebounds. Spud Web could jump 46" but the best all time was MJ at 48".

What lost it, for me, was the "super teams". When LJ went "took his talents to Miami" I lost a lot of interest. It came back, a little, when he came back as I admired him for doing so. But when Kyrie left that was it for me. But that is kind of true for all pro sports. It is simply entertainment. I am no longer emotionally invested. The players simply go to where they make the most money. they are not invested in their team so why should I be invested in them?

NBA is off to Amazon. And it looks like TNT is not happy. They felt that they could match the offer and perhaps they could, legally. But TNT is a cable/landline provider. Amazon, being a streamer, has a better opportunity for worldwide reach. In addition, streamers have the ability to target households for advertising. If you are age 25, you get one set of ads. If you are 65, you get a different set. As I understand it, there are about 55,000 decision points; age being just one. Recent web searches as well.

GTbbRsGXMAARe4d

NBA is off to Amazon. And it looks like TNT is not happy. They felt that they could match the offer and perhaps they could, legally. But TNT is a cable/landline provider. Amazon, being a streamer, has a better opportunity for worldwide reach. In addition, streamers have the ability to target households for advertising. If you are age 25, you get one set of ads. If you are 65, you get a different set. As I understand it, there are about 55,000 decision points; age being just one. Recent web searches as well.

GTbbRsGXMAARe4d
Yeah TNT is trying but don't have a case that they matched the deal

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT