ADVERTISEMENT

Nervous about this Villanova game tonight! Especially after a team Nova

PennsylvaniaPride

Jan 4, 2002
Almost lost to, got easily pushed out by Dayton.

I'm confidant in this team, but nervous as heck! Still scarred from the time Nova was upset in the first round by Old Dominion.

Being a Philly sports fan and a Penn State Football fan, I'm used to be disappointed!

Can't read too much into that.

PC was brutal last night. When your two best players stink it up, there's going to be problems. Henton and Dunn were 11-39 last night and turned it over 16 times. A completely stinktastic performance.

The semifinal game in MSG was tough, but Nova beat them in Providence by 6 then blew their doors off in Phila 89-61. If Villanova loses to NC St., it will have nothing to do with playing a close game against Providence.

And oh by the way. Why the hell is the NCAA doing favors for Dayton? They are THE LAST at-large even gets in. Losses to Duquesne, La Salle, Geo Washington and UConn. It's bad enough that the play-in games are at UD Arena, but then again they are ALWAYS at UD Arena. But then they get sent to a sub-regional 65 miles away? Why are we helping out an 11-seed? They should have gotten the Japan Regional.

Credit where it is due, they throttled PC and the Friars have nobody to blame but themselves. Even with a foul shot disparity of 30 for Dayton and 7 for PC - what the hell. It's just fishy to me - don't say the NCAA selection committee does not have their favorites and that they are all on the up-and-up.

Probably Didn't Matter - But That Was A Terrible "T" On Providence!.

Didn't see it live, just on Yahoo this morning. Bogus call, terribly bogus call. Again, probably didn't matter at that point, but the official that called it should be "Teed Up" himself.

Officials in front of the home crowd started playing

to the gallery. The T was absurd, even worse was the flagrant-1 on Dunn. It ain't Dunn's fault the Dayton defender wants to play D with his face. There's nobody I hate more than Gottlieb, but credit where it is due, he was tremendous last night, calling out the incompetence.

Is it too much to ask for officials to do their jobs properly instead of playing the fool?

But as you say, PC has nobody to blame but themselves for this stinker.

Re: Officials in front of the home crowd started playing

Originally posted by Fox Chapel Lion II:

There's nobody I hate more than Gottlieb, but credit where it is due, he was tremendous last night, calling out the incompetence.
100% this. I can't stand that nasally weasel but he did a good job for most of the game. I almost thought I liked him for a second after he hammered the incompetence like he did. That was just pathetic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT