ADVERTISEMENT

New OSU President

Kasparaitis

Dec 27, 2023
Is a retired admiral, top gun pilot and former captain of the hockey team at the Naval Academy. Superintendent at Navy and President at Nebraska. Why can’t PSU get a president like that? At least in the last 30 years.

Last edited:
Try an F hire, man
I really like how our gal (who is getting a $200,000 bump in salary each year for the next 5 years) goes to Harrisburg last week to tell the powers that be that PSU needs a lot more $. Isn't there anyone on campus saying that this doesn't look good? I deeply mourn the loss of good will which Penn State had in times past and now common sense is circling the drain.

Because a guy like that would be too disruptive to the BOT who is out of control and the rot of this university. All of their presidents since the scandal are yes people including Neeli, who hasn’t done a thing in two yrs. In fact, she seems to have become less public as time goes on. Not surprising…

Because a guy like that would be too disruptive to the BOT who is out of control and the rot of this university. All of their presidents since the scandal are yes people including Neeli, who hasn’t done a thing in two yrs. In fact, she seems to have become less public as time goes on. Not surprising…
I only started paying attention to any of the BOT shenanigans post-Sandusky. But don’t you think Spanier had the chutzpah to deal with the BOT? Whe push came to shove, they [BOT] F’ed him over. NO PSU president stands a chance

Reactions: PSUPride1
Good for Ohio State - that is a leader who will move that University forward and represent it well. Penn State has had the weakest people as President. They have overseen the decline of what was once a great University.

He's a retired a vice admiral - equivalent to a 3-star Army General and his awards - citations are extensive. He also has a list of several battles that he was part of. Pretty impressive military career.

Last edited:
I only started paying attention to any of the BOT shenanigans post-Sandusky. But don’t you think Spanier had the chutzpah to deal with the BOT? Whe push came to shove, they [BOT] F’ed him over. NO PSU president stands a chance
Agreed. Spanier was an excellent president and respected throughout the country.

He’s a homerun hire for OSU. Here he is telling Republican critics of UNL’s racial equity plan to go pound sand.

Reactions: DUNNELLONFLBUCK
When an entity (university, government agency, business, etc.) picks the most talented person available for a job, the entity prospers. When an entity picks the person for a job based on virtue signalling, the entity flounders.

When an entity (university, government agency, business, etc.) picks the most talented person available for a job, the entity prospers. When an entity picks the person for a job based on virtue signalling, the entity flounders.
Just based on most recent hirings, PSU is all about virtue signaling. Like I've said in the past, it seems as if the powers who run that place want PSU to be the Cal Berkley of the Northeast and have been in the process of destroying the true mission of it. Just like with most things to which virtue signaling is applied, it will end up making PSU a much less functional entity after its effects are realized; see Harvard and several other of those type of universities as Exhibit A of this.

Reactions: LemonEars
Just based on most recent hirings, PSU is all about virtue signaling. Like I've said in the past, it seems as if the powers who run that place want PSU to be the Cal Berkley of the Northeast and have been in the process of destroying the true mission of it. Just like with most things to which virtue signaling is applied, it will end up making PSU a much less functional entity after its effects are realized; see Harvard and several other of those type of universities as Exhibit A of this.
Which hires are you referring to?

He’s a homerun hire for OSU. Here he is telling Republican critics of UNL’s racial equity plan to go pound sand.

So you're saying he actually IS more like Neeli?

So you're saying he actually IS more like Neeli?
He thinks he is a liberal Democrat and thinks that is awesome, hence homerun hire language. He probably will be a very good President but this guy likes him because of what he thinks is is political makeup.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT