ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Top 5 TE's All-Time

Gorki24

Apr 3, 2019
I'm asking all board members if you have time to participate. Quite a few people asked me to keep these list going, so the more participation the better and more fun it will be. The debates, opinions, disagreements, etc... is what makes this fun.

This was the toughest list for me to make thus far. One reason being how do you compare TEs from the 60s, 70, and 80s when they did not pass the ball as much as the 90s and beyond.

My list could have went anyway from rankings #2 - 5. Looking at there stats they were all very close. I honestly could have picked there names out of a hat, and it wouldn't have made a difference. So I based my list off of what kind of numbers they put up compared to how long they played. Pretty much it was there yearly career average.

1. Rob Gronkowski

He played 9 years, which is quite less than the other great TEs on my list. But he was by far the most dominant. His career averages blow everyone else out of the water. Just to put Gronks dominance into perspective Gronk had 79 TDs, which is more than everyone else on my list who all played 14 plus years. Gronk had 79 TDs in 9 years to Tony Gonzalez's 76 TDs in 17 yrs!! He was also the hardest TE to match up with and stop.

Gronks Stats: 9 yrs - 7,800 yds - 79 TDs - 521 recpts

2. Jason Whitten

Had the best stats over a long career.

15 yrs.- 12,400 yds - 68 TDs - 1152 recpts.

3. Antonio Gates

16 yrs - 11,841 yds - 72 TDs - 955 recpts.

4. Tony Gonzalez

17 yrs - 10,900 yds - 76 TDs - 916 recpts.

5. Shannon Sharpe

14 yrs - 10,060 yds - 62 TDs - 815 recpts

I did not forget about Kellen Winslow and John Mackey. They just didn't have very long careers like the other TEs.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News