ADVERTISEMENT

Nice win for USMNT. Played a man down entire 2nd half. ###

They are playing really well. So happy to see it. Them winning the group is not out of the question either. 2-1 costa rica at the half. I have to say that I love how hard Zardes plays, and his speed is great, but my goodness, he is technically abysmal with no touch, poor passing ability, and not much vision. I have a really hard time watching him, and I pray he is nowhere near the field once the WC get here.

Does the red card affect Yedlins status in the next round, or do all offenses reset after the group stage?

They actually won the group, on goal differential. This means they'll most likely not play Brazil in the first round of the knockout stage.

I think it will end up being in Ecuador. Ecuador will easiy beat Haiti, and Brazil more than likely will beat Peru. Win in Ecuador, and we'll meet Brazil in the semi's, in New York. Exciting stuff!

Reactions: miketd1
They actually won the group, on goal differential. This means they'll most likely not play Brazil in the first round of the knockout stage.

The only way it happens is if Peru beats Brazil, which is not happening. BUT, if it does, we will then play at Brazil, rather than Ecuador. So, root for Brazil haha.

I think it will end up being in Ecuador. Ecuador will easiy beat Haiti, and Brazil more than likely will beat Peru. Win in Ecuador, and we'll meet Brazil in the semi's, in New York. Exciting stuff!

Brazil will likely be on the other side of the draw. We'd play the semi in Houston, most likely against Argentina.

They are playing really well. So happy to see it. Them winning the group is not out of the question either. 2-1 costa rica at the half. I have to say that I love how hard Zardes plays, and his speed is great, but my goodness, he is technically abysmal with no touch, poor passing ability, and not much vision. I have a really hard time watching him, and I pray he is nowhere near the field once the WC get here.
If not for Zardes, the game most likely ends in a 0-0 draw and we play Brazil on Friday. He set up the lone goal with a nice assist to Dempsey. Sure, Zardes has struggled at times but he is young. To pick on him after his shining moment is more than a bit absurd. Go Zardes!

If not for Zardes, the game most likely ends in a 0-0 draw and we play Brazil on Friday. He set up the lone goal with a nice assist to Dempsey. Sure, Zardes has struggled at times but he is young. To pick on him after his shining moment is more than a bit absurd. Go Zardes!
Yes, that was a very nice pass, he saw the play developing very well.

He's not that young in soccer terms and everyone has been saying the same things for years regarding his technical ability. It's not a secret his first touch is bad, and his almost comical inability to finish in the 2nd half was pretty typical. Very unlikely at this point he ever plays in Europe. He's an extremely hard worker, and super fast, and he made a really nice pass to Dempsey, but he's not a great player.
That game would not have ended in a draw. They were down a man in the 2nd half and they pulled back after scoring knowing full well they only needed a draw to advance. He's a good MLS player but if the US wants to really advance in the next WC I'm hoping Pulisic and Nagbe start getting more time and they shift the starting lineup.

Reactions: LionJim
United States plays the runner up of Group B, Brazil's group.

Yes, but it's impossible to play Brazil in the semi. We'd play them in the quarter (not gonna happen since they won't finish 2nd in their group) or in the Final (since they'll be on the other side of the draw unless Ecuador folds).

Yes, but it's impossible to play Brazil in the semi. We'd play them in the quarter (not gonna happen since they won't finish 2nd in their group) or in the Final (since they'll be on the other side of the draw unless Ecuador folds).
Well, you were right about them not finishing second. They finished third, don't advance.

Brazil scored more goals than anyone else in their group - thing is, they scored all of them against Haiti.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT