ADVERTISEMENT

NLWC Golf Outing on 8/30

bwfight

Feb 6, 2014
Anyone signed up to play in this and attend practice with the NLWC?

I am paired up with a group at 9:40 and plan on attending practice on Thursday morning and the social that evening.

who won the truck?
No clue. My wife tried attending, but after she got to tell Coach Elling hello she left to sit in the lobby and waited for me to walk around saying hi. Not being brave enough to make her wait too long I left shortly after they introduced the Olympic squad and Cael spoke.

Some dude from Erie. I'm not sure how much he knows about wrestling though. I heard he likes to hang out with talented artists.

I'll be on the lookout tomorrow to see who is driving from hole to hole in a Ford F 150 instead of a golf cart.

if that's Dave C he is like PSU Wrestling. The rich get richer! Hope to see the winner with a nice big NLWC logo on the hood:)

• Haha
Reactions: 82bordeaux
I got to see his team's training regiment the night before the tournament. Pretty impressive! Consuming libations even the waitstaff had to go deep in their depth chart to handle such orders.

Good guys, just wonder if some of them will be with Iowa next year? You know how that goes!

Any good tidbits from the outing??
Mitchell and Cael rolled around at a pretty good pace for about 45 minutes and it was fun to watch.

.Levi looks like he is a solid 165 or perhaps 174.

Beau and Bo Bassett wrestled together for a good hour. Most likely part of U20 training for Bo, but he looks like he belongs in the PSU room.

Carter was wearing a pretty extensive wrap but didn’t seem limited in his movement. He also looks more like a 184 rather than a 197.

The team culture is really special, as are the young men and coaches.

The dodge ball and spike ball at the beginning of practice showcases the athleticism and competitiveness of this group. They were obviously having a blast destroying each other…all in good fun of course. 😉

Mitchell and Cael rolled around at a pretty good pace for about 45 minutes and it was fun to watch.

Beau and Bo Bassett wrestled together for a good hour. Most likely part of U20 training for Bo, but he looks like he belongs in the PSU room.

Carter was wearing a pretty extensive wrap but didn’t seem limited in his movement. He also looks more like a 184 rather than a 197.

The dodge ball and spike ball at the beginning of practice showcases the athleticism and competitiveness of this group. They were obviously having a blast destroying each other…all in good fun of course. 😉
Did Bassett get in the Dodgeville game. If so, could he hang?

If Levi goes 174 he is cutting 10 pounds to get there.

Reactions: bwfight and NJ Lion
If Levi goes 174 he is cutting 10 pounds to get there.
Agreed. I saw a picture yesterday of Levi and my brother at the golf outing and remarked that Levi doesn't look like he's going 165.

Surprisingly, Levi was mum on the subject when asked. "Not sure yet" with a chuckle.

If he's redshirting this year it's because he's trying to bulk up to 184 or 197. /s Good luck to all those opposing fanbases and fanboy "journalists" who are questioning him bumping up a couple of weights.
Season 8 Hope GIF by THE NEXT STEP

Agreed. I saw a picture yesterday of Levi and my brother at the golf outing and remarked that Levi doesn't look like he's going 165.

Surprisingly, Levi was mum on the subject when asked. "Not sure yet" with a chuckle.

If he's redshirting this year it's because he's trying to bulk up to 184 or 197. /s Good luck to all those opposing fanbases and fanboy "journalists" who are questioning him bumping up a couple of weights.
Season 8 Hope GIF by THE NEXT STEP
I flat out ask both which one was wrestling 165 and which one was wrestling 174 and darn near word for word they gave the same answer. Not sure, Cael hasn't let us know for sure yet (Levi added redshirt). When I said that isn't how Cael does this you guys already know who is doing what, but I get it. Top secret stuff. They both smiled and said yeah, you've been around enough to know how this works.
Levi did tell me what he weighs after practice and like I mentioned, he has no fat and is going to cut a bit to get to 174.

Fun year coming. Just one additional tidbit. While talking to Zain I mentioned I thought it was great he was staying, everybody in the lower 6 weights should be doing the bow and arrow. Zain smiled and said keep an eye on Luke.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT