ADVERTISEMENT

Not a great day for KJ Hamler at Indy...

Well this certainly isn't good news, but I still think he'll go round 2.

"Unfortunately I'm not doing all the drill," he said. "I tweaked my (hamstring) during training. I will be doing bench press, so you guys are gonna see how strong I am. I'm not doing the 40 unfortunately. During training, I ran a 4.27 when I tweaked it. I was gonna run in the 4.2-range and I wasn't gonna accept anything less."

Measurement day for WRs and not great results for KJ. But nothing you can do about your height, your arm length, your hand size or your wing-span.

But that being said, KJ measured under 5'9" (5'8" and change), measured small hands, short arms and a very short wing-span (abut 72"). Buy comparison, another "small" WR in this class, the guy from ASU had almost an 80" wing-span.

Don't think it hurts KJ too much. Teams knew he was "small". I believe teams either already liked him, regardless of his size, and had him on their boards. Or, did not like his size and did not have him on their boards. The teams who had KJ on their boards, probably still do, despite today's measurements.

IMO, his stock all comes down to the speed drills. He needs to rip off a totally ridiculous 40 time. If he can crank out a low 4.3, then all of a sudden those small hands, short arms and short wing-span become meaningless to teams. On the flip, if he has just "normal fast speed", like say something in the 4.4 range, then those measurements will be over-analyzed.

Hamler's 72.5" wingspan is actually impressive, considering his height of 68.625". Your "by comparison" was picking out the freakiest freak, in terms of height-to-wingspan, since that receiver was only 71" tall and, yet, had one of the widest wingspans of all receivers at 80". My son is a touch under 67" tall and has a wingspan of 70" and everyone who comments on him in sports talks about his freakish wingspan ... granted, he's only in 6th grade, but the point is, Hamler's wingspan is good, relative to his height.

Hamler also has big hands, especially for his size ... 9 3/8" sized hands? At under 5'9"? That's freakish. And bigger than a lot of the tall receivers.

Short shuttle, vertical, and 40 time will determine his draft position. That shouldn’t come as a shock to anyone. It’s been that way since he declared. Whether he’s 5’-8” and change or 5’-9” won’t matter if he runs 4.2’s or low 4.3’s.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Why? His draft stock now is on the assumption that he will run a 4.3. His stock doesn't get better if he runs exactly how people expect him to run
I agree that running a 4.3 keeps his draft stock where it is or perhaps improves it slightly. Maintaining his draft stock is likely to be highly meaningful to him, don't you think?.

Short shuttle, vertical, and 40 time will determine his draft position. That shouldn’t come as a shock to anyone. It’s been that way since he declared. Whether he’s 5’-8” and change or 5’-9” won’t matter if he runs 4.2’s or low 4.3’s.

I agree that running a 4.3 keeps his draft stock where it is or perhaps improves it slightly. Maintaining his draft stock is likely to be highly meaningful to him, don't you think?.
Look at my post above. He's not running any of these at the combine. Maybe Pro Day.

Sorry man. This thread was color blind, as are most sports related threads, before you started your race baiting.

No one else on this board was racially profiling any individual or fan base till you showed up.
That's what Arthur does. He is a miserable pile of cells.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT