ADVERTISEMENT

Now that the Big Ten has authorized us to play, this is the next B1G thing standing in our way: COVID

Best part about this entire thread is that it goes on for 4 pages about positive tests, schedule timing, BIG rules, etc etc etc and not a single post that I can find (didn't read them all) about player health. Why? Because it is bleeping obvious to everyone that players are not at risk! Nor are college students in general.

So BIG has setup these silly rules to protect *someone*, we are not sure who, or "maybe" to be politically correct, or to protect from lawsuit discovery, not because a player might get a positive COVID test and think "oh crap, I have a serious medical problem on my hands", but "Oh crap, I might put us over the arbitrary threshold for team activities". How on earth does that make sense?

And before anyone posts the nonsense about "but they might infect grams", that is between them and grams. And grams would agree too. It is disgusting what we are doing to college athletes and college students (and downright criminal what we are doing to young kids who aren't at any risk to get sick nor spread to adults) for a virus with a 99.999% recovery rate for healthy people under 50. Literally a better chance of dying by getting hit by lightning than from COVID if you live in PA outside of a nursing home.

This thread proves that everyone knows it and too few will say it.

I think more intentional than shortsighted. We just have to acknowledge that which is their actual intent.
Perhaps you are right. Why else would ‘smart’ people start the season when all experts predicted case numbers would increase? The numbers are up across PA and the footprint of the conference. If we started normally when the numbers were very low in the north we would likely have played several games relatively safely already.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT