ADVERTISEMENT

NPR Debate Smackdown: Truth vs. Prochoice

T J

May 29, 2001
NPR Debate Smackdown: Truth vs. Prochoice

2017-04-05T214344Z_1_LYNXMPED341KK_RTROPTP_3_TEXAS-ABORTION.JPG

Most Americans should know by now that NPR stands for National Prochoice Radio. They rarely ever try to appear objective on abortion. This week, I was given the opportunity to debate the president of Planned Parenthood Maryland (PPM) on NPR affiliate, WAMU in DC.

I was excited about the prospect of an actual debate with a Planned Parenthood executive. They tend to avoid any challenge to their media-regurgitated, unsubstantiated talking points. Well, that chance was quickly aborted the evening before the interview. Planned Parenthood backed out, it seems because they didn't want to debate a factivist.

So Planned Parenthood-endorsed Maryland Delegate Kathleen Dumais(D), who has a 100% rating with the abortion org, stepped in.

She had her piles of papers and prepared talking points in front of her.

I had facts

The debate was explosive at times revealing the stark contrast between pro-life and pro-abortion advocacy.

Pro-lifers have to know the statistics, history, and basic biology. It’s just so much easier to be prochoice. They don’t need facts, just emotions.

We present context.
They present concoctions

As a pro-life factivist who was conceived in rape yet adopted and loved, I value both the evidential and the emotional. I appreciate Kojo Nnamdi, the host of The Kojo Nnamdi Show, for allowing an actual discussion about Planned Parenthood. But it was two against one: two staunchly pro-abortion perspectives and one unapologetically pro-life perspective.

https://m.townhall.com/columnists/r...-debate-smackdown-truth-vs-prochoice-n2314306

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News