ADVERTISEMENT

NWCA ALL-STAR CLASSIC

Spotted this as well. Another example of why I hate the rule. Completely took any doubt away about Ramos’ choice.

It’s just not good for folkstyle wrestling
Yeah, and again, I get it, more action in neutral dictates match winners yada yada.

Yeah, and again, I get it, more action in neutral dictates match winners yada yada.
But it doesn’t actually increase action in neutral. It just gives what there is more weight. It’s a move made to try to move closer to freestyle which is what the guys at the top of the sport want without asking what the average American wrestling fan wants

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
Koterhandt vs. McNeil next
McNeil Td 3-0
Koder esc. 3-1
Period 1 ends.
McNeil goes down. Gets escape 4-1
No further scoring period ends. Koder goes down. Gets the escape 4-2 riding time not a factor.
Flury to end period but no score match end 4-2 Mcneil

Last edited:
Reactions: LOTOlion and mcpat
But it doesn’t actually increase action in neutral. It just gives what there is more weight. It’s a move made to try to move closer to freestyle which is what the guys at the top of the sport want without asking what the average American wrestling fan wants
Yeah that was my yada yada part.

We’re going to see a lot of wrestlers who are good on top never get on top in these low scoring matches where there’s one early takedown unless they take top with choice, which still presents a little bit of an issue unless they get 4 turning points.

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
Here we go boys. Shane vs. Parco next.
Loud ovation for Shane. Some boos for Parco
Shane stalking Parco.
2 minutes in no score.
Shane pressing but Parco holding him off with underhooks. Period end Van Ness goes bottom
Van Ness esc 1-0
Blood time. Minute left in 2nd.
Parco in deep.
Heavy hips from Shane gets back to his feet
Wow what a scramble. Upper body Shane gets td. 4-0.
Period ends. Parco goes down. Shane riding tough.
Still riding tough, working for arm bar. Just gott riding time. Escape Parco 4-1
Match ends 5-1 with riding time

Last edited:
Shayne
Van
yes-danielbryan.gif

157 novak vs hertel scoreless after 1.
Novak goes down. Hertel cuts him 1-0
Not much action period ends. 1-0 Novak cuts him. 1-1. Not much action. Going to SV.
Novak in on single. Action stopped. Then Hertel gets in and stopped again for pd. SV ends going to tie breakers. Hertel goes down. Novak returns him and gets the rideout. Novak goes down. Hertel now riding. Period ends. Back to SV. No scoring in the second SV. Hertel now goes bottom. Hertel gets reversal up 3-1 and then rides him out. Novak takes neutral. Novak shoots but nothing. Match ends Herdel wins 3-1

Last edited:
Boxers could learn a lot from SVN on how to cut off the ring. His stalking style makes me think about that for some reason.

Reactions: diggerpup
GIA complaining about Rec Hall boos during women’s match involving Iowa wrestler.

Looking forward to the adulation for Starocci, Brooks and others at CHA on 2/9. I’m certain there will be no boos from the far more knowledgeable and classy Iowa fans against those wearing blue and white singlets.

GIA complaining about Rec Hall boos during women’s match involving Iowa wrestler.

Looking forward to the adulation for Starocci, Brooks and others at CHA on 2/9. I’m certain there will be no boos from the far more knowledgeable and classy Iowa fans against those wearing blue and white singlets.
I am here and did not hear any boos! Actually cheers for the throw she did. Unless there was more than one Iowa wrestler. We only got here in time for the last female wrestling bout.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT