ADVERTISEMENT

NWCA ALL-STAR CLASSIC

Best I’ve seen Kerk look since he’s been here. What a performance.

Happy with all are guys performances. Yeah Bernie shut it down but will be a good learning experience. His defense and his ability to score from so far outside is gonna be problems for guys.

Has nobody watched a Bernie Truax match before this year? Seriously guys, not to be an asshole but he’s a very good wrestler who is a redshirt senior and mostly is what he is at this point.

He’s gonna be counter reliant, really hard to finish on, a great scrambler and really good on top against 90 percent of the country.

That’s what we signed up for and it’s worked really, really well for like 3 years
And: Cael knew all of this when he brought Truax in.

We'll get the best version of him, but he's not gonna turn into Jason Nolf.

Three minutes ago, the scoreboard clock said 5:00. Then, it jumped to 7:00. Assume Flo is having streaming issues they're working out.
My brokerage company showed a balance of nearly 7 million when I signed in yesterday. I thought one of my specs hit. Alot of companies are having issues lately. Got gold?

WOW, and I mean wow! Whomever said this one was 50/50 is a complete idiot. That was the best version of Kerkcules I've ever seen.

Three of our studs with bonus decisions and embarrassment of riches. These are the best of times.

I did not see that coming. I knew he was bettter on the mat after their match at nationals last year but I thought neutral might lean towards Hendrickson. If Kerk wrestles like that all season there might be another name in the running for the Hodge

We’ve seen a lot of incredible wrestling at Rec Hall and BJC over the past decade and a half; I don’t think we ever seen three bonus wins over three #2’s.

Great job by our guys tonight!
Youre The Best GIF

And: Cael knew all of this when he brought Truax in.

We'll get the best version of him, but he's not gonna turn into Jason Nolf.
Mmmhmmmm. He’s really good!! Nothing about tonight changes that. If anything, he led the prohibitive favorite for much of the match. And for as much as Keckeisen was the aggressor, he really wasn’t close to finishing most of those shots.

Welp, I think this team might have some legs . . . We didn't even see Nagao, Beau, Levi, or Mitchell (or Braeden, for that matter).

Reactions: yakrider
Has nobody watched a Bernie Truax match before this year? Seriously guys, not to be an asshole but he’s a very good wrestler who is a redshirt senior and mostly is what he is at this point.

He’s gonna be counter reliant, really hard to finish on, a great scrambler and really good on top against 90 percent of the country.

That’s what we signed up for and it’s worked really, really well for like 3 years
It’s not that we don’t know what Bernie is, I think most here (me included) were disappointed in the effort. There’s never an excuse to be hit with 3 or 4 stallings. Could have easily been 5-6, whatever the maximum is. Just, freaking, shoot.

It’s not that we don’t know what Bernie is, I think most here (me included) were disappointed in the effort. There’s never an excuse to be hit with 3 or 4 stallings. Could have easily been 5-6, whatever the maximum is. Just, freaking, shoot.
It's November. That's how I look at it. Dropped a weight class, trained through the match?, tried certain things to get data on future methods of attack...who knows. Cael is the best at applying lessons learned. Maybe Keck is better. Whole season ahead. Enjoy the ride.

It's November. That's how I look at it. Dropped a weight class, trained through the match?, tried certain things to get data on future methods of attack...who knows. Cael is the best at applying lessons learned. Maybe Keck is better. Whole season ahead. Enjoy the ride.
I’m not saying to give up on Bernie, he will still finish very high in March. I just disagree with Clay questioning some people’s reactions tonight like we should accept a guy constantly fleeing action.

I doubt Cael was pleased with Bernie’s effort. Bernie probably had more stallings tonight than Cael had in his 4 years. I hope PSU can coach up his effort, but I’ve rarely seen wrestlers wrestle looser in March. It usually gets worse.

And we have people on this board last nite saying how Gabe will beat Carter you people know nothing about wrestling

Re: Truax, I have watched one of his matches outside of ncaa in my life and it was an extremely weird pin to Trumble last year where he looked like he turned into the pin.

I’m not all that knowledgeable on him, but last season turned out ok and I expect this one will as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT