ADVERTISEMENT

O.T. - the Pittsburgh Penguins have hit rock bottom

NITTANYJGK

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2002
Today, the Penguins just blew a 4-0 lead late in the 2nd period and ended up losing to Colorado 5-4. Unbelievable. As bad as they are this year, I didn't think they could blow a 4 goal lead with just a little more than 1 period to play, Sidney Crosby is the only guy that deserves to cash his paycheck. Today he accounted for all 4 Penguin goals; 1 goal, 3 assists.

It's a shame Sid has to end his career playing with these losers. I'm rooting for them to blow their remaining games in order to get a potential high draft pick.

Geno was the only one who showed up the other night. This is a poorly coached team that allowed Sid to keep his friends together instead of starting over a rebuilding around him. His boy Letang looked stuck in cement on the OT winner by Drouin. And they better lose a lot. The first round pick is only top 10 protected or it goes to SJS.

Time to clean house, coaching staff included. If Sid wants out trade him somewhere giving him a chance to win another cup. At this point dump Letting and Geno for whatever you can get but their contracts will make it next near to impossible. Need to sink to the bottom and get as much young talent to rebuild with, maybe they sh*t the bed, get the 1st pick and land another Mario or Sid.

Last edited:
Time to clean house, coaching staff included. If Sid wants out trade him somewhere giving him a chance to win another cup. At this point dump Letting and Geno for whatever you can get but their contracts will make it next near to impossible. Need to sink to the bottom and get as much young talent to rebuild with, maybe they sh*t the bed, get the 1st pick and land another Mario or Sid.
We're stuck with Letang, Geno and EK unfortunately. If they eat 50% of Geno's contract someone might take a shot on him as he only has 2 years left but the term of EK and Letang make them impossible to get rid of even if we eat 50%.

They'll probably trade Graves (pretending it's his fault Letang sucks)

Today, the Penguins just blew a 4-0 lead late in the 2nd period and ended up losing to Colorado 5-4. Unbelievable. As bad as they are this year, I didn't think they could blow a 4 goal lead with just a little more than 1 period to play, Sidney Crosby is the only guy that deserves to cash his paycheck. Today he accounted for all 4 Penguin goals; 1 goal, 3 assists.

It's a shame Sid has to end his career playing with these losers. I'm rooting for them to blow their remaining games in order to get a potential high draft pick.
and he still had a plus/minus of zero. So, he was on the ice for four of Colorado's goals.

He has 69 points on the year and is only a +4

Yeah, really sad to watch as I grew up a Blackhawks (60s and 70s) fan (I'm initially from Chicago) and then also later started pulling for the Penguins. Some of those early 90s teams were some of the best ever. I still consider Lemieux and Bobby Hull (Blackhawks) as my 2 all-time favorite players. Crosby is a close 3rd. Been to a ton of Penguins games over the years

Last edited:
Reactions: The Spin Meister
and he still had a plus/minus of zero. So, he was on the ice for four of Colorado's goals.

A lot of it wasn't on him though. Watch Letang get burnt on the OT goal. That counted as a -1 for Sid. +/- matters but it's overrated.

I will say, Jake's success in Carolina speaks volumes of how good he is/was and that it wasn't only Sid.

Takes Sid off this team and they’re fighting for the bottom of the entire league.

I think they traded away their first rounder this year in the Karlson trade

Not exactly loaded with Young talent throughout the system either.

One the big problems is Letang. Once again he watched the winning goal from behind. He has been terrible all year,

And Sullivan has to go. Tired of hearing ‘play hockey the right way’ while his team sinks.

They have no tough guys to park on front of the net. No defenders that can take a guy off the puck. And no pugilist to protect guys from getting cheap shot all game long.

Last edited:
Takes Sid off this team and they’re fighting for the bottom of the entire league.

I think they traded away their first rounder this year in the Karlson trade

Not exactly loaded with Young talent throughout the system either.
The pick is top 10 protected so root for losses and lots of losses

Using +/- can be misleading. If you thinking Sid is part of the problem, you are asleep at the wheel. Sid is the only part that works.

We have the worst overall defensive corp in the NHL. Letang and Karlsson are terrible defensively. When Pederson is your best defenseman, you as a team suck.

Nobody STILL in the NHL is better on O and D, in all 3 ZONES, than Crosby. WAKE UP!

Using +/- can be misleading. If you thinking Sid is part of the problem, you are asleep at the wheel. Sid is the only part that works.

We have the worst overall defensive corp in the NHL. Letang and Karlsson are terrible defensively. When Pederson is your best defenseman, you as a team suck.

Nobody STILL in the NHL is better on O and D, in all 3 ZONES, than Crosby. WAKE UP!
No free agent goalies would ever sign with the Pens. They give up a minimum of five wide open odd man breaks every game. Embarrassing to watch.

Last edited:
No free agent goalies would ever sign with the Pens. They give up a minimum of five wide open odd man breaks every game. Embarrassing to watch.
Which is why MAF is so underrated. It's always been that way aside from a brief time when Sully first took over.

One the big problems is Letang. Once again he watched the winning goal from behind. He has been terrible all year,

And Sullivan has to go. Tired of hearing ‘play hockey the right way’ while his team sinks.

They have no tough guys to park on front of the net. No defenders that can take a guy off the puck. And no pugilist to protect guys from getting cheap shot all game long.
Where have you gone, Darius?

Just a heads up on Jake Guentzel since he left the Pens for Carolina:

8 games
2 goals
10 assists
12 points
Plus/Minus in 8 games: +11

Reactions: bison13
Problem is that they have too many old and slow players to play the style Mike Sullivan wants, but players still probably want to play it. I don't know why they didn't start to rebuild this past year instead of signing Malkin, etc., but I guess trading for Karlsson, they thought they had the potential for another run. I really think ownership is responsible, but not surprised of the outcome considering last year.

They need to trade almost everyone and start to rebuild considering they have don't have much in the farm system due to trades every year. Hopefully, Sid can be moved to a contender.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT