ADVERTISEMENT

Obligatory PSU Pregame Show: USC Preview

I pretty much agree with these guys. PSU should win but the secondary scares me (especially if Reed is at the LOS) and Franklin has to prove he can win a big game on the road.

I pretty much agree with these guys. PSU should win but the secondary scares me (especially if Reed is at the LOS) and Franklin has to prove he can win a big game on the road.

I mean he beat 12th ranked Wisconsin as a 5 point underdog in Camp Randall, but yea beating unranked USC will prove it for sure...

I mean he beat 12th ranked Wisconsin as a 5 point underdog in Camp Randall, but yea beating unranked USC will prove it for sure...
Do you not agree that Franklin has been poor in games versus ranked teams especially on the road? I understand USC is not ranked but they are a good team with talent and offensive weapons. A much more talented team than the garden variety unranked teams Franklin typically beats.

Yes, he/we won at Wisky in 2021. A good win. That probably is his biggest road win along with Iowa in 2017 maybe. So many swings and misses on the road versus Ohio State and Michigan will erode confidence. I understand USC is not Ohio State or Michigan the last 3 years but they are easily as good as that Wisky team in '21. I expect us to win but this game is far from a gimmie.

Do you not agree that Franklin has been poor in games versus ranked teams especially on the road? I understand USC is not ranked but they are a good team with talent and offensive weapons. A much more talented team than the garden variety unranked teams Franklin typically beats.

Yes, he/we won at Wisky in 2021. A good win. That probably is his biggest road win along with Iowa in 2017 maybe. So many swings and misses on the road versus Ohio State and Michigan will erode confidence. I understand USC is not Ohio State or Michigan the last 3 years but they are easily as good as that Wisky team in '21. I expect us to win but this game is far from a gimmie.

He’s 7-3 against ranked teams when he’s favored during the regular season and usc isn’t a top ten Ohio state or michigan. They’re not even ranked. If he wins and USC finishes with 4 or 5 losses you aren’t going to consider this a big win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT