ADVERTISEMENT

Offensive Line Recruiting

That is one example. Michigan might have had 6 NFL ol on that team. Around 2014 psu had no backup tackles or very few. Donovan smith got hurt, nelson moves from rt to lt and mangiro went from center to tackle. One injury and three positions changed. Too many moving parts.

I really don't care if we have 16 or 18 ol on scholarship. 11-16+ are not playing most years. My priority is the OL being great 1-5, good 6-10. Knox is crying about #16+
Hey don’t be getting on Knox. He had to post something here as flying lion is hogging all the spam posts on the other board

Reactions: brupsu
You did not answer the question. Which coaches are you on board with? Are you on board with bama who has less ol or OSU who has one more? We might have the same as OSU if tangwell was not hurt.

How many more ol should psu recruit and which position group do you want psu to recruit less?
I’d be on board with ones that can play (like the PSU of yesteryear)

Like the team that lost to Toledo?
Oh please give it a rest…no like the ones who beat #2 Alabama on the road, #1 Notre Dame in the road, #1 Ohio State on tne road m, #1 Miami on the road , #1 Georgia on the road…placed all 5 stating Olineman in NFL from 1 team, produced multiple 1st team All-Americans and -at round NFL draft picks and NFL hall-of-famers…

Seen any success like that recently?

Get your head out of the sand!

Oh please give it a rest…no like the ones who beat #2 Alabama on the road, #1 Notre Dame in the road, #1 Ohio State on tne road m, #1 Miami on the road , #1 Georgia on the road…placed all 5 stating Olineman in NFL from 1 team, produced multiple 1st team All-Americans and -at round NFL draft picks and NFL hall-of-famers…

Seen any success like that recently?

Get your head out of the sand!

It was over 40 years and you ignored he last 15.

It was over 40 years and you ignored he last 15.
I did not ignore the last 15 years, the substantive wins do not exist in the CJF era.

The other guy is the all-time wins leader and has the best bowl record of all-time.

Facts are stubborn things.

We desperately need the season to start around here! Otherwise we all sound like cranky old men .
Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

I did not ignore the last 15 years, the substantive wins do not exist in the CJF era.

The other guy is the all-time wins leader and has the best bowl record of all-time.

Facts are stubborn things.
Most of those big wins were in the 80s. It took 20+ years to win a title.

Did you expect a successor to win more than the ALL TIME wins leader?

Ps. Joe flushed it all down the drain at the end. He stuck around too long. He let the program slide while rivals were passing psu. Who gave Sandusky keys to the lockers?

Most of those big wins were in the 80s. It took 20+ years to win a title.

Did you expect a successor to win more than the ALL TIME wins leader?

Ps. Joe flushed it all down the drain at the end. He stuck around too long. He let the program slide while rivals were passing psu. Who gave Sandusky keys to the lockers?
Let's go apples to apples here.

Franklin is 52. Took over in 2014 when he was 42.

Joe took over in 1966 when he was 39.

Look at the first part of their careers at a similar age, basically throughout their 40s.

Joe - '66-'76
James '16-'23 (give him a pass on '14 and '15 due to sanctions)

Joe's bowl record in those years I think was 5-3-1

James 3-4

Pretty close but Joe has the edge. Not sure about winning big games between both of them in the regular seasons. My guess is Joe didn't have a lot of opportunities. I know we lost to OSU in '75 and '76. I'm sure there were big reg season wins in there as well.

The key is the next decade. Can James keep up with what Joe did between '77-'87? If so we all will be very pleased.

Let's go apples to apples here.

Franklin is 52. Took over in 2014 when he was 42.

Joe took over in 1966 when he was 39.

Look at the first part of their careers at a similar age, basically throughout their 40s.

Joe - '66-'76
James '16-'23 (give him a pass on '14 and '15 due to sanctions)

Joe's bowl record in those years I think was 5-3-1

James 3-4

Pretty close but Joe has the edge. Not sure about winning big games between both of them in the regular seasons. My guess is Joe didn't have a lot of opportunities. I know we lost to OSU in '75 and '76. I'm sure there were big reg season wins in there as well.

The key is the next decade. Can James keep up with what Joe did between '77-'87? If so we all will be very pleased.

Do you expect future coaches to line up with the winningest coach of all time? Kind of unrealistic since EVERY coach in the history of the game is behind Joe in total wins.

PS. Do you think the next wrestling coach will line up with Cael? Anyone want to take that bet?

• Haha
Reactions: scrivener
Do you expect future coaches to line up with the winningest coach of all time? Kind of unrealistic since EVERY coach in the history of the game is behind Joe in total wins.

PS. Do you think the next wrestling coach will line up with Cael? Anyone want to take that bet?
No, I would just hope Franklin and the next guy could put together a record that begins to approach Joe. Not in total wins because that is unrealistic but in winning big games and dare I say it, winning a NC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT