ADVERTISEMENT

oh Sweet Irony: Boeheim to appeal "unduly harsh" NCAA sanctions

simons96

Feb 3, 2013
Plano, TX
LINK[/URL]

I know it is an ESPN link, but a very ironic read for Penn State faithful.
This post was edited on 3/19 8:52 PM by simons96

The best is he said head coach doesn't run the university. Glad he stood

Up for joe when the same was said about him. Jimmy b is a slug.

Re: The best is he said head coach doesn't run the university. Glad he stood

Originally posted by cubfan3:
Up for joe when the same was said about him. Jimmy b is a slug.
He is worse than a slug.

Wait- what's the appeal thing you speak of??? Appeal? Last I heard the ncaa didn't allow appeals.

Paterno lawyers have to be loving this. ;)

Anyone think it was a coincidence that the sanctions against Syracuse were announced on a Friday and Boeheim's press conference was on the first day of the NCAA tournament when all the national writers were covering games? Hardly.

So now if asked about the violations Boeheim can say I spoke about it and I've moved on.

this might explain some of Boeheim's disdain for the likes of JVP

JVP's "Grand Experiment" model represented a commitment from a coach which went far-beyond the sideline / locker room and W-L records...

Boeheim, as accused, seemed most-focussed with on-court success, attracting top-talent and leveraging/exploiting raw athletic talent - for the short time he had these guys - for the good of his program. Don't often see examples of JB being interested in the type of investment that involved books and homework.

Boeheim, directly or indirectly, was certainly bothered by the Grand Experiment, was probably aware of inevitable comparisons... so he was quick to shovel dirt on JVP's legacy

Here is how simple this whole Syracuse affair is.

If Boeheim knew what was happening, he should be fired for his misconduct.

If Boeheim was not informed or aware of what was happening, he should be fired for incompetence.

Do not want to hear that he did not micromanage? He is responsible for what happens in the basketball program.

Athletic Director is fired (or whatever term you wish to use); Boeheim gets to hang around for 3 years and then retire. When Boeheim does retire; will have Vitalle and his cronies kissing his ass and telling the world hold great he was.

Originally posted by psu1969a:
Here is how simple this whole Syracuse affair is.

If Boeheim knew what was happening, he should be fired for his misconduct.

If Boeheim was not informed or aware of what was happening, he should be fired for incompetence.

Do not want to hear that he did not micromanage? He is responsible for what happens in the basketball program.

Athletic Director is fired (or whatever term you wish to use); Boeheim gets to hang around for 3 years and then retire. When Boeheim does retire; will have Vitalle and his cronies kissing his ass and telling the world hold great he was.
Same situation as Calhoun. Everyone knew how dirty he was as well. The difference is that Calhoun actually produced better results with his cheating program. Boeheim runs third grade techniques that I suppose he does teach well.

Calhoun deserves praise for being a great coach. Boeheim deserves credit for hoarding talent and wasting it running an offense and defense designed for low level basketball. It's why they failed in the tournament so many times. It wasn't until he signed his academic prodigy Carmelo that he won it all. McNamara was awesome though too.

His teams could always out-athlete anyone, but instead he constantly neutralized his own teams through the years.
This post was edited on 3/20 10:47 AM by PSUriseANDfire

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT