ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State - NW B1G Championship game thread

That 15 yd personal foul call against OSU was really impactful (at least temporarily)

This game sets up to be another hugely annoying close win by the Luckeyes.

Our only shot at NY6 and it is a long one is OSU reels off 50 straight.

Why? Why? Why?
NW doesn’t have the athletes to play home run ball against ohowihate. They have some momentum with a couple of first downs, then go long. Why?
Move the sticks. Stay solid.

Ugh.

OL

Is it me or is this Gus Johnson the worst announcer ever and a huge shill for OSU to boot?

I dont think Todd Blackledge would say half the stuff this guy says nor with such excitement for one team over another?

Reactions: ralphster
I’ll never accept a review on that matter.
If it’s blown dead as a incomplete pass and is signaled incomplete on the field, and players don’t go after it, how do you come back and say fumble?
Once a whistle blows, players stop persuing the ball, how do you go back and say the ball is live?
Isn’t that why they have an inadvertent whistle ruling?
Am I the Lone Ranger on this?

Reactions: MICH.Nit Fan
100k to pass a football like a basketball into a really big trash can. Now that’s a good gig.

If NW wins do we get bumped to the Outback bowl
No, IMO. NW would go to the Rose Bowl while OSU and UM would still be NY6 bound. LSU would get bumped out which would affect the SEC bowl slots but not ours.

The 'Cats are still in it after a horrendous game plan in the 1st half.

But the 'Cats are now down their 2 top receivers.

Nobody watching this game could think tOSU belongs ahead of OU or even GA in the playoff.

Haskins makes me appreciate Trace’s consistency, even though he didn’t have his best season,

Is it me or is this Gus Johnson the worst announcer ever and a huge shill for OSU to boot?

I dont think Todd Blackledge would say half the stuff this guy says nor with such excitement for one team over another?

well considering they have two different jobs i would hope they wouldn't say the same thing ..
play by play vs color

Haskins makes me appreciate Trace’s consistency, even though he didn’t have his best season,

Holy crap Haskins has been very good / outstanding all season. If he had QBed PSU this year he’d have had us playing Northwestern tonight.

Haskins 34-41 499 Yds 5 TDs 1 Int

17 TDs in his last three games.

First year starter.

Wouldn't have made a difference in the outcome, but NU's 3 top DB's (who had missed the past few games) were out again in the 2nd half.

That, along, w/ missing both top receivers (and the pretty awful 1st half game plan) sealed the deal for dOSU (nonetheless, Haskins was an escape artist).

Right now, dOSU is a better team than the Domers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT