ADVERTISEMENT

OJ Simpson dead at age 76

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
probably the best running back I ever saw. But turned out to be quite a piece of crap. I'll never wish ill on him but won't give it the usual "RIP">

probably the best running back I ever saw. But turned out to be quite a piece of crap. I'll never wish ill on him but won't give it the usual "RIP">

His CTE diagnosis, which is going to happen soon, will have massive implications IMO.

LdN

Reactions: The Spin Meister
His CTE diagnosis, which is going to happen soon, will have massive implications IMO.

LdN
GK5OuLtW8AAooBm

It’s really a shame. He was my childhood hero and the sole reason why I became a diehard Bills fan.

I remember when he broke the 2,000 yard record in 1973. I was at Monticello Raceway with my dad watching on a tiny TV.

Growing up I always wanted to meet him but the old saying, “never meet your childhood heroes” would stand true for me.

I completely agree. The Juice was the greatest NFL RB I ever saw. O.J. had the size, tremendous speed and acceleration. My condolences to his family.

What an amazing bizarre life.

Perhaps is best running back ever. Watch his early film before he had numerous knee surgeries. Closest to running like a deer I ever saw. Just amazing,

Then he became a huge spokesperson for numerous companies and was beloved by everyone…….not easy for a black guy in the 70s. A very charming character.

Then a sideline broadcaster and worked his way to Monday Night Football, the epitome of sports broadcasting. Even did some Hollywood movies.

Then it crashed like no one I have never seen. His ex-wife was brutally murdered along with a family friend. Was charged for two murders and had a massive trial that changed how television covers crime. And kick started multiple careers for others involved.

Was shockingly acquitted. Had a second chance to live a decent life. And blew it again. Armed robbery conviction, did several years in the big house.

Hope he had a deathbed confession but I doubt it. Hope the family of his victims have peace. And if guilty he should fit in hell.

Reactions: OKLionFan

Perhaps is best running back ever. Watch his early film before he had numerous knee surgeries. Closest to running like a deer I ever saw. Just amazing,

Then he became a huge spokesperson for numerous companies and was beloved by everyone…….not easy for a black guy in the 70s. A very charming character.

Then a sideline broadcaster and worked his way to Monday Night Football, the epitome of sports broadcasting. Even did some Hollywood movies.

Then it crashed like no one I have never seen. His ex-wife was brutally murdered along with a family friend. Was charged for two murders and had a massive trial that changed how television covers crime. And kick started multiple careers for others involved.

Was shockingly acquitted. Had a second chance to live a decent life. And blew it again. Armed robbery conviction, did several years in the big house.

Hope he had a deathbed confession but I doubt it. Hope the family of his victims have peace. And if guilty he should fit in hell.
Great post for those that don't know the story. I'll only add that he was found guilty in a civil suit brought by the families of the deceased and had to pay something like $30m to them.

I'll just put this out there....FWIW

I was at a business event and got paired with a guy who was a huge Bills fan and supporter. His company had season tickets and he went to all of the "meet and greets". he said he knew OJ well from his days there and had a lot of common friends. He felt OJ killed Nicole and his reasoning was that he really loved her but she kept dumping him. He'd suffer and after a few months, she'd call him up and get back together again. He'd fall for her all over again. His story was that this happened several times. So the story is that OJ was in LA and went over to see her and saw her and Ron Goldman. He snapped and killed the two of them.

It’s really a shame. He was my childhood hero and the sole reason why I became a diehard Bills fan.

I remember when he broke the 2,000 yard record in 1973. I was at Monticello Raceway with my dad watching on a tiny TV.

Growing up I always wanted to meet him but the old saying, “never meet your childhood heroes” would stand true for me.
I met Willie Stargell and Brooks Robinson several times. Both could not have been more friendly and gracious. Of course they were never known to have murdered anyone.

I met Willie Stargell and Brooks Robinson several times. Both could not have been more friendly and gracious. Of course they were never known to have murdered anyone.
I met Dr. J at an NBA event and it was the one out of 2 times I was flabbergasted. Told him he was the greatest of all time, end of discussion, and he said "thanks but not even close". Almost started arguing with him, are too, am not..:D

Saw him live during the 2,000 yard season when Buffalo played the Roman Gabriel led Eagles. Second game ever in the brand new Rich Stadium. Our Marching band did the halftime show. I stood next to Harold Carmichael on the sidelines prior to going out on the field and thought to myself that people were right, these NFL players are huge! I didn’t realize until later that Carmichael was 6’7” which was very unusual for a receiver, even now. Of course I was 5’8” and 104 lbs. as a HS sophomore back then (graduated with a much greater weight of 120 lbs.).

Saw him live during the 2,000 yard season when Buffalo played the Roman Gabriel led Eagles. Second game ever in the brand new Rich Stadium. Our Marching band did the halftime show. I stood next to Harold Carmichael on the sidelines prior to going out on the field and thought to myself that people were right, these NFL players are huge! I didn’t realize until later that Carmichael was 6’7” which was very unusual for a receiver, even now. Of course I was 5’8” and 104 lbs. as a HS sophomore back then (graduated with a much greater weight of 120 lbs.).
And now you are ‘The Big 0’?🥴🧐🤨

I did not like him after the murder trial, and yes, I know he was found innocent by a jury of his peers. KiJanna was better in college.

Yeah, he ripped the Steelers for 227 yards (including an 88-yd TD run) in 1975, which was during the Steelers Steel Curtain Super Bowl era.

I believe Jack Ham said Simpson was the only running back he played against that he could not contain on the edge.

The story of how he found football is that baseball was his first love and Ernie Banks his hero. He had a brief chance to meet Ernie or get his autograph or something when he was a kid. Supposedly, Ernie blew him off and O.J. became embittered with baseball in general. I have no idea how authentic the story is.

It's a good thing you grew up and chose better initials-as-first-names role models, like R. Kelly and P. Diddy. They would never let you down ...

Ford Bronco Sport, OJ Simpson Recalled On Same Day

One to your local Ford dealer, the other to that great dealer in the sky

I am one of probably only 1,000 or so Americans who was able to watch both the OJ/Al Cowlings Bronco chase on TV and still watch the Knicks play the Rockets in the NBA Finals Live.

Was in the Dorna USA Suite at Madison Square Garden. All networks - including NBC- cut away so The Finals were only visible to those in the stadium.

Guessing that Boxes were maybe 5% of seats. I was a young man- just married- and at the game alone. A father with a young son was sitting near me. The boy asked the dad "Why are they chasing OJ?" The dad fumbled around. At that point I decided to always shoot straight with my kids (if I were ever to have them).

Bad/crucial Knicks loss that evening- but nobody seemed to care. OJ Fever had started....

If you ever wondered why OJ was acquitted…..three reasons:

1) Race. It was a way to show up the man.

2) Monsy and fame. He was able to put together a tremendous legal team and spare no expense.

3) The one no one talks about. The LA cops were corrupt as hell. A special anti gang unit called CRASH was so bad a tv series called The Shield was based on the scandal. The jury knew manycops were dirty, that evidence was often planted, and didn’t believe their testimony.

Reactions: OKLionFan
If you ever wondered why OJ was acquitted…..three reasons:

1) Race. It was a way to show up the man.

2) Monsy and fame. He was able to put together a tremendous legal team and spare no expense.

3) The one no one talks about. The LA cops were corrupt as hell. A special anti gang unit called CRASH was so bad a tv series called The Shield was based on the scandal. The jury knew manycops were dirty, that evidence was often planted, and didn’t believe their testimony.

The first two were enough, the third wouldn’t have made a difference in the end.

Reactions: LionDeNittany
I have smiled and cheered when hearing of the death of another human being exactly two times in my life. This first was when Bin Laden got popped and now today.

Then you don’t understand LA police force at the time.
Also, remember, Mark Forman needed to plead the fifth when asked if he had ever used the n word and he said no. Later yahoos were produced of him saying the n word. He later pled guilty to perjury.

To be clear he was writing a screenplay and used the in its dialogue.

The Shield was an incredible show. One of my favorites that I don’t get to talk about often b/c it wasn’t super popular. I just remember being emotionally drained after the finale… probably the only time I’ve been completely spent after watching a TV show.

I used to think it was a foregone conclusion he actually "did it" but when you read into how much upside down shite there is in Pedowood u really dont know. Just looking at how many of the "serial killers" in LA who were actually just cover for LAPD prost ring malibu sex blood orgies and Satanix Smelly Krakkka rituals. kkkrakas in LA is a different level of degenerate- and that's coming str8 outta Sanduskyville

Reactions: LionDeNittany
I am one of probably only 1,000 or so Americans who was able to watch both the OJ/Al Cowlings Bronco chase on TV and still watch the Knicks play the Rockets in the NBA Finals Live.

Was in the Dorna USA Suite at Madison Square Garden. All networks - including NBC- cut away so The Finals were only visible to those in the stadium.

Guessing that Boxes were maybe 5% of seats. I was a young man- just married- and at the game alone. A father with a young son was sitting near me. The boy asked the dad "Why are they chasing OJ?" The dad fumbled around. At that point I decided to always shoot straight with my kids (if I were ever to have them).

Bad/crucial Knicks loss that evening- but nobody seemed to care. OJ Fever had started....
The Knicks won the game.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
The Shield was an incredible show. One of my favorites that I don’t get to talk about often b/c it wasn’t super popular. I just remember being emotionally drained after the finale… probably the only time I’ve been completely spent after watching a TV show.
Fantastic show. Micheal Chickless(sp?) was crazy good. Shame more people didn’t see it as it cast a light on the dark side of police work.

Reactions: WIP2001
I used to think it was a foregone conclusion he actually "did it" but when you read into how much upside down shite there is in Pedowood u really dont know. Just looking at how many of the "serial killers" in LA who were actually just cover for LAPD prost ring malibu sex blood orgies and Satanix Smelly Krakkka rituals. kkkrakas in LA is a different level of degenerate- and that's coming str8 outta Sanduskyville
I used to do business in LA and had coworkers involved with high-profile cases. One was an alternate on the Robert Blake murder trial and the other was invited to sit in on the Michael Jackson trial. Both told me that the trials were shams. As we saw with JVP and the PSU executive's trials, prosecutors see these as ways to increase their profiles for future paydays. ALL of the lawyers involved in the OJ trial, prosecution and defense, made a lot of money after the trial was over. They also said the media reporting wasn't even close to accurate. Both said, with what they saw, no way either could have been found guilty but that is not what the media would have you believe.

We got my wife a Bronco Sport a couple years ago. She's jewish. I wanted to get a vanity place that said JEWCE. She was not amused. The Sport recall didn't actually break today, though maybe OJ has been dead for a few weeks too.
This is funny and clever at the same time.

He did it.

I used to do business in LA and had coworkers involved with high-profile cases. One was an alternate on the Robert Blake murder trial and the other was invited to sit in on the Michael Jackson trial. Both told me that the trials were shams. As we saw with JVP and the PSU executive's trials, prosecutors see these as ways to increase their profiles for future paydays. ALL of the lawyers involved in the OJ trial, prosecution and defense, made a lot of money after the trial was over. They also said the media reporting wasn't even close to accurate. Both said, with what they saw, no way either could have been found guilty but that is not what the media would have you believe.
He likely would have been found guilty with a competent judge overseeing the trial.

Reactions: Obliviax
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT