ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic Wrestlers

psulongago

Aug 29, 2001
What wrestlers with Penn State Affiliation have qualified, this should include those with the wrestling club? Read, State College is the capital for wrestling.

Reactions: NedFromYork

I believe that some of the results are updated from this page elsewhere, but this lists basically everyone who qualified that I think you were looking for.

The NLWC does indeed have 4 place winners of the Olympic qualifying tournament (of 6), BUT, big but, the US only has 3 of the weight classes they represent qualified.

Zain Retherford needs to finish in the top three of the last chance tournament to qualify the US at 65 kg. I think it is May 9 - 11 in Turkey. Spencer Lee needs to do the same at 57 kg. If Zain doesn't qualify the weight for the US, he's not wrestling.

There are only 16 spots in each weight class; so countries need to qualify for them. 5 come by the senior worlds, 8 total come from 4 regional tournaments (top 2 each), and 3 via last chance.

Other notable Americans wrestling are Roman Bravo Young (PSU) for Mexico and Darian Cruz (Lehigh) for Puerto Rico both at 57 kg. Both qualified their teams at the Pan Am regional tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT