ADVERTISEMENT

One for the "Stuff we would have never seen before STEP" file:

I think we should select a section for BWI regulars to hang out in. Not for the whole game but on an "as available" basis. Kind of like the smokers who went "over the hill" to smoke cigs in high school. If we can identify a specific location that is "generally" available for "non-marquee" games, we could congregate there as we are available. This could be a whole lot of fun and would allow us to meet while maintaining our season seats. Any nominations for sections where this concept would work for the most games??
If game 1 was any indication, I think the entire upper deck could soon be renamed the "BWI / McAndrews Party Loge"

Its actually a great idea - given that the obvious motivation was to make the stadium look fuller.
It will absolutely accomplish that goal.
Just kinda' sad that it has come to this.

I'd give that employee who came up with the idea an "atta' boy"!

Folks who have experience with the Beaver Stadium seating situation know that even when the rows is 30% "unsold"....it looks completely full - its pretty simple math actually - when 30% of the seats are unsold, it means each "ass" now has 18 inches of bench space instead of 14.
Look around next time you are in a crowd of people.......the average "ass" can make 18 inches of space plenty full! :)

If every other row is completely sold, once the game begins 1/2 the folks will move "up or down" a row and randomly distribute. Even at 50% sold, the sections will look fairly full. I am sure this is what they have in mind, and it will make a much better "impression" (recruits?) than having rows 40-70 completely full......and rows 71-100 completely empty.

Truly, it is a good idea.
They probably already made the "thought leader" an Assistant AD. That seems to be in vogue right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT