ADVERTISEMENT

One week from today, we say farewell to "The Wizard of Camelot"

NittanyLion15

Aug 17, 2001
Laporte, PA
www.youtube.com
Farewell to the winningest quarterback in Penn State football history. It's been an absolute blast getting to know this kid over the past 3+ years. Wouldn't be surprised if we see McSorley on the sidelines someday at Beaver Stadium. His leadership was apparent right off the bat in the TaxSlayer Bowl and that quality, even when we lost, was never the reason we struggled.

In one week we get to see "The Wizard" in action one more time... McSorley had three touchdowns responsible for against the Terps, which raised his career total to 104 putting him two scores behind Drew Brees on the Big Ten's all-time list. Hopefully we see him get that, and then some VS the Wildcats next Tuesday. Just 15 more rushing yards, and Trace passes MRob for the most rushed by a Nittany Lion QB in a season. Besides back to back to back 10+ win seasons in Happy Valley, the Lions have plenty to play for. Merry Christmas BWI!

Last edited:
5b563ef835ba8.image.jpg

Always reminded me a little bit of this lad...looks a little like him, same balls out attitude. I'll miss the Wiz. Brought a lot of fun to the program. Tough bastard.

rorymcilroy-cropped_702dv8zdyb5k100zjnkkim8wn.jpg

I'll always remember how he showed the love for Archie Griffin, with his arm locked around Archie's neck, as he accepted the 2016 Big 10 championship trophy. Grit and admiration rolled into one at that moment.

I think he will return as a Coach, QB Coach in the future. Wow wow he is awesome.
Watched great football in the last three years!

He's the best "not as good as he actually is" QB we've ever had at PSU (thanks to the Lair for generating that bit of verbal flotsam, lol)!

Reactions: NittanyLion15
Is it wrong for me to say that I like TM but hate the name Wizard of Camelot? Can someone explain that name in a way that will cure me of cringing when I hear it?

Reactions: JJTopp99 and 81b&w
Oh, I watched it live. Here is what I want to know: how is PSU fb Camelot? I'm not deeply familiar with the story of Camelot, but i really dont recall a Wizard.

Burkhardt Fusina Blackledge Shaeffer Collins Robinson Clark and a few others -we have managed to survive their departures.

The position has had good stewardship over the generations. No reason to think that won’t continue.

Reactions: JJTopp99
Burkhardt Fusina Blackledge Shaeffer Collins Robinson Clark and a few others -we have managed to survive their departures.

The position has had good stewardship over the generations. No reason to think that won’t continue.
All true. We have had some clinkers, too, but lots of great leaders.

He is so irreplaceable that next year JF will not even try to use a QB. Just some newfangled position called "Lion."

Is it wrong for me to say that I like TM but hate the name Wizard of Camelot? Can someone explain that name in a way that will cure me of cringing when I hear it?
I think the only way it worked was because Gus Johnson screamed it at the top of his lungs while our QB was slicing apart the best defense in the B1G in 2016... I never really understood it, but it didn't matter. Down 28-7 nobody gave us a shot... a half of football later, we were lead by a wizard and that wizard was on the podium with a former Buckeye legend, and it was awesome... That's wizardry stuff right there.

I think the only way it worked was because Gus Johnson screamed it at the top of his lungs while our QB was slicing apart the best defense in the B1G in 2016... I never really understood it, but it didn't matter. Down 28-7 nobody gave us a shot... a half of football later, we were lead by a wizard and that wizard was on the podium with a former Buckeye legend, and it was awesome... That's wizardry stuff right there.
I guess I get the wizard, or magician, part. It's the Camelot part I dont get.

Reactions: JJTopp99 and 81b&w
"Camelot," is a literary allusion and nothing more!
So, PSU struggling its way back from terrible sanctions, totally f'ed over, WAS NOT just like the JFK administration? Yeah. that was stupid.

I liked the Camelot reference. I hate me.
I will be happy to be done with the Wizard of Camelot, but I wish Trace was staying.

He was the Wizard of Oz----just an ordinary guy who created awesome effects with his play.

So, PSU struggling its way back from terrible sanctions, totally f'ed over, WAS NOT just like the JFK administration? Yeah. that was stupid.
Um, the JFK administration is NOT the “literary allusion.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT