ADVERTISEMENT

Only one thing bothers me about CJF ....

Rip_E_2_Joe_PA

Jun 9, 2002
He is too stubborn to admit his mistakes.

His argument for going for it where the O stalled with 7-8 minutes left in the game and not pin OSU back was absolute BS. It was an insult to everyone to claim OSU had a great chance of running the clock out to end the game. It was an insult to the defense. It was absurd unless he did not know how much time was left on the clock. Don't get me wrong it was his mistake to make but more importantly, it was his mistake to own given the facts at the time he made the decision.

Blaming Yurcich for the 42 Passes was disingenuous to me. CJF is the head coach and could have, at any moment during the game, instructed Yurcich to change tactics. He could have at halftime as well. It would be great to hear him say once in a while... The buck stops with him.

It would also be great to hear him say something like, I have got to reevaluate and change the way we handle off weeks or bi weeks. We stink at this and I need to fix that.

how hard is it to just not go for it on 4th down in a defensive field position game, which is what this was?

he should not be making up ridiculous excuses like this. osu was frequently punting back to us after 3-5 plays they weren't going to have a seven minute drive

His argument for going for it where the O stalled with 7-8 minutes left in the game and not pin OSU back was absolute BS. It was an insult to everyone to claim OSU had a great chance of running the clock out to end the game. It was an insult to the defense. It was absurd unless he did not know how much time was left on the clock. Don't get me wrong it was his mistake to make but more importantly, it was his mistake to own given the facts at the time he made the decision.

Blaming Yurcich for the 42 Passes was disingenuous to me. CJF is the head coach and could have, at any moment during the game, instructed Yurcich to change tactics. He could have at halftime as well. It would be great to hear him say once in a while... The buck stops with him.

It would also be great to hear him say something like, I have got to reevaluate and change the way we handle off weeks or bi weeks. We stink at this and I need to fix that.
He blamed Yurcich for 42 passes?

Who is Yurcich’s boss?

Pathetic if true!

Reactions: martypsu
He blamed Yurcich for 42 passes?

Who is Yurcich’s boss?

Pathetic if true!
So he should hire an offensive coordinator then make all the decisions any way….i hope you’re not anyone’s boss.

So he should hire an offensive coordinator then make all the decisions any way….i hope you’re not anyone’s boss.
he should not be throwing the oc under the bus postgame... unless he told Yurcich to stop passing so much and he kept doing it anyway

Reactions: KCLion
he should not be throwing the oc under the bus postgame... unless he told Yurcich to stop passing so much and he kept doing it anyway
I didn’t hear what he said, but if he said we passed too much, that’s not throwing anyone under the bus.

For the life of me, I dont get how the head coach, who's watching the same game as we are, but with the benefit of listening via headset to everything the other coaches are saying, doesn't interject and steer the team in a different way when things (the offense) is going so wrong. How can he really be that disconnected with the other coaches during the game? How do you sit there on the sidelines and watch your own team not convert on all these third down plays, before you flip out and demand they call something different?

No, he should hold himself accountable and not throw Yurcich under the bus.

I hope you are not anyone’s boss!

Dabo threw his QB under the bus for the last play of the game which is really just saying that he held him accountable. Coaches should always do that.

Reactions: Ian

He never takes accountability for anything.

Reactions: johnmpsu and Grass
I didn’t hear what he said, but if he said we passed too much, that’s not throwing anyone under the bus.
At the very least he's a moron or terrible coach. If he thought we were throwing too much then actually speak into those ear bobs he wears and say so. The guy is a joke, as he says - obviously.

Reactions: beachouse
Yeah I didn’t hear him criticize MY either but hey the Franklin haters never let facts get in the way of their narrative.

Reactions: AWS1022
At the very least he's a moron or terrible coach. If he thought we were throwing too much then actually speak into those ear bobs he wears and say so. The guy is a joke, as he says - obviously.
Lighten up Francis. Good lord, it’s a game.

I'm fine. I'm lucky as I got to experience Penn State's glory days but thanks for caring. It's just a message board. Don't take comments so seriously.
I’m not the one posting like a 16 year old girl who just got dumped.

If he already decided to go for it on 4th down he should have run on 3rd down to make the 4th down easier.

And there's the wrinkle everyone misses.

If it's four down territory you don't run low percentage plays.
So it wasn't 4th down territory and the time said clearly not to do it and they ran 2 low percentage plays given all the previous plays last Saturday....

That is not in his little rules of the call book on any page in any form. It is what it is, down right foolish.

Take a look at his comments. You can find them everywhere clown. See two can play the ad hominem game. When you look you will also see that he said ultimately it is responsibility.
Thanks dbag. I'll check that out but you obviously don't know what taking accountability means.

In those years we would score too quickly and didn't have a four minute offense.... There is always something missing.
And he cost Barkley the Heisman, and there were too many 50/50 balls, and Trace ran too much, and the OLine didn’t know how to block…and on and on and on.

Reactions: BBHorn86
A lot of these coaches who climb to the higher levels of their sport have CYOAF as a default mode, especially in tough or uncomfortable situations. Many of them don’t experience failure often and don’t handle it well when they do.

my issue is that CJF is not a kick-ass mo-focker. Watch the top coaches. These guys spit fire and nails. Day roasted a reporter to hammer Lou Holtz and Jim Harbaugh is as intense as it gets. This team needs to come out angry and mean tomorrow. They need to kick ass and take no prisoners. That should be led by CJF who doesn't smile once or make nice the entire afternoon. This team needs to develop a swagger and an attitude.

They went into tOSU expecting to lose and that is what they did. They were on their heals the entire day.

Reactions: Psubiomed
my issue is that CJF is not a kick-ass mo-focker. Watch the top coaches. These guys spit fire and nails. Day roasted a reporter to hammer Lou Holtz and Jim Harbaugh is as intense as it gets. This team needs to come out angry and mean tomorrow. They need to kick ass and take no prisoners. That should be led by CJF who doesn't smile once or make nice the entire afternoon. This team needs to develop a swagger and an attitude.

They went into tOSU expecting to lose and that is what they did. They were on their heals the entire day.

The losing mentality.
From the coach down.

Reactions: KCLion

It begins with I love you and ends with I love you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT