ADVERTISEMENT

OT: A Beer for Lion Jim (even though he may not be a drinker)

rudedude

Sep 28, 2002
Fleetville, Pa.
s622874148277015675_p1097_i1_w3747.jpeg
From Equilibrium in Middletown, Ny. These folks use engineering principles to create their beer.

Today at Noon, we will sell, Super Fractal Mandelbrot Set (10.5% TIPA) at $22 per 4-pk, no limit. We will have this available with options for curbside pickup at the brewery or delivery throughout New York, Pennsylvania, Washington D.C., Ohio, Nevada, New Hampshire, Vermont, North Dakota, and Virginia.

The Mandelbrot Set is named after Mathematician Benoit Mandelbrot. It’s a set of complex numbers for which the function does not diverge and are bounded in absolute value. Following the previous Fractal Sets and continuing the series framework, we scaled up from Fractal using a super simple grain bill of 2row and our specific fractal fermentation profile before intensely hoping it with a Citra whirlpool and a dryhop of Sabro, Strata Galaxy, and Amarillo. This batch features an increased hopping rate and plenty of hand selected hops.
Super Fractal Mandelbrot Set pours a vivid hazy yellow with an aroma of tropical citrus and grapefruit. The flavor comes alive with decadent tangerine, peach, and berry with a touch of coconut and a zesty lime finish.
Dramatic fruit notes take the lead as a crushable and #EQjuice profile builds up into a smooth and creamy finish that will leave you seeing the biggest fractal reflections yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: klive
From Equilibrium in Middletown, Ny. These folks use engineering principles to create their beer.

Today at Noon, we will sell, Super Fractal Mandelbrot Set (10.5% TIPA) at $22 per 4-pk, no limit. We will have this available with options for curbside pickup at the brewery or delivery throughout New York, Pennsylvania, Washington D.C., Ohio, Nevada, New Hampshire, Vermont, North Dakota, and Virginia.

The Mandelbrot Set is named after Mathematician Benoit Mandelbrot. It’s a set of complex numbers for which the function does not diverge and are bounded in absolute value. Following the previous Fractal Sets and continuing the series framework, we scaled up from Fractal using a super simple grain bill of 2row and our specific fractal fermentation profile before intensely hoping it with a Citra whirlpool and a dryhop of Sabro, Strata Galaxy, and Amarillo. This batch features an increased hopping rate and plenty of hand selected hops.
Super Fractal Mandelbrot Set pours a vivid hazy yellow with an aroma of tropical citrus and grapefruit. The flavor comes alive with decadent tangerine, peach, and berry with a touch of coconut and a zesty lime finish.
Dramatic fruit notes take the lead as a crushable and #EQjuice profile builds up into a smooth and creamy finish that will leave you seeing the biggest fractal reflections yet.

To that end and slightly tangential, if you're ever looking for the 'best tasting' version of any food, find a recipe by this guy - James Kenji Lopez-Alt. He's an MIT grad and James Beard Award winning chef who has written several books on the 'science' of delicious food. You can find a lot of his recipes here:

No way I’m passing that up. Thanks.

For some reason, I thought you were not a drinker.
I’ve more or less said as much here. I hardly ever drink nowadays but that’s very much a function of not going out to eat. When I eat out, I always get a beer or two. Pretty much never otherwise.

I used to be a big bourbon drinker, too. People remember how much I enjoyed my bourbon and so got in the habit of getting me bourbon as gifts. I have three unopened bottles of Woodford Reserve and one of Baker’s. Good stuff.

I’ve stopped drinking because I’ve stopped enjoying it, nothing too deep there.

I’ve more or less said as much here. I hardly ever drink nowadays but that’s very much a function of not going out to eat. When I eat out, I always get a beer or two. Pretty much never otherwise.

I used to be a big bourbon drinker, too. People remember how much I enjoyed my bourbon and so got in the habit of getting me bourbon as gifts. I have three unopened bottles of Woodford Reserve and one of Baker’s. Good stuff.

I’ve stopped drinking because I’ve stopped enjoying it, nothing too deep there.
If MaconNitt and I were able to find you at last year’s Maryland game, you would have been drinking! :D

Drinking 4 of those would make the women playing pool at the Lift Inn look like 10's. 🤪

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT