ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best over the counter meds for sinus headache?

Delcolion915

Mar 19, 2022
This time of year I always seem to get sinus headaches, what works best for you guys as far as non prescription, over the counter medicine? Advil or Tylenol? Tylenol sinus? Drops? Help a brother out...

Reactions: JimNazium
This time of year I always seem to get sinus headaches, what works best for you guys as far as non prescription, over the counter medicine? Advil or Tylenol? Tylenol sinus? Drops? Help a brother out...
Having had sinus polyps removed years ago, it's best to stop the sinus issues before they start. In the evening I take an OTC Nasacort spray which seems to quiet the symptoms and I rinse daily or more often with Neil-med sinus rinse. I also use Azalastine nasal spray in the morning. I rinse everytime I cut grass, you will not believe the amount of green that comes out with each rinse. If you can keep the irritants from causing sinus problems, you will not need the headache relief medicines.

Re-watch our offense from last year's OSU game.

That should clear out your sinuses either from tears from crying or tears from laughing.

Both will work.

The best thing I have ever found is a bit of a cure all and it works on A LOT of things like allergies and infections of all types. Caution it is strong so start slowly with the drops and gradually increase as you can take it. But man it works on sinuses sore throats coughfs bronkial and lungs. Years ago i had a wart on my hand that I had frozen twice and it came back twice. One drop three times a day and after 5 days it was gone for good. The cure all is Oregenol or wild oregano. It's listed as a health immune support but has so many proven uses. You put the drops under your toung and hold it as long as you can then swallow. I use it at night as it stays on your breath a while.

Another herb you should try is Feverfew. It works on all headaches even migraines. It is known to stop my daughters and wife's migraines in ten minutes or so. My wife gets ocular migraines which pretty much blind her, they are often caused by food allergies. If a person with migraine problems would take feverfew on a daily basis feverfew will prevent migraines from coming back.

Now back to the super cure Oreganol if you're a really tough guy you can put a few/couple drops in each nostril and snort it. LOL I do that when I have a sever sinus infection but oh man what a rush make sure you're holding onto something ;)

Good luck I hope you get to feeling better.

The best thing I have ever found is a bit of a cure all and it works on A LOT of things like allergies and infections of all types. Caution it is strong so start slowly with the drops and gradually increase as you can take it. But man it works on sinuses sore throats coughfs bronkial and lungs. Years ago i had a wart on my hand that I had frozen twice and it came back twice. One drop three times a day and after 5 days it was gone for good. The cure all is Oregenol or wild oregano. It's listed as a health immune support but has so many proven uses. You put the drops under your toung and hold it as long as you can then swallow. I use it at night as it stays on your breath a while.

Another herb you should try is Feverfew. It works on all headaches even migraines. It is known to stop my daughters and wife's migraines in ten minutes or so. My wife gets ocular migraines which pretty much blind her, they are often caused by food allergies. If a person with migraine problems would take feverfew on a daily basis feverfew will prevent migraines from coming back.

Now back to the super cure Oreganol if you're a really tough guy you can put a few/couple drops in each nostril and snort it. LOL I do that when I have a sever sinus infection but oh man what a rush make sure you're holding onto something ;)

Good luck I hope you get to feeling better.
I should have added that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. One of the biggest contributors to sinus infections and sore throats is a dirty toothbrush. Soak/clean your toothbrush in Hydrogen Peroxide at least once a week.

In 2007, we vacationed at Atlantis in the Bahamas. One day, we took a boat over into town. As we were walking the streets, we passed a drug store with a sign on the door that said "Codeine products OTC".

Perhaps a stupid question, but has a doctor diagnosed these as sinus headaches?
I ask because I used to think I got sinus headaches -- I've since learned that sinus headaches are quite rare (unless you have a sinus infection).
What I thought was a sinus headache (tremendous pressure in the sinus cavities with concurrent congestion) was actually migraine headaches.
Two ways to tell:
1) Assuming you have nasal discharge, is it clear and thin? If so, it's a migraine not a sinus headache (the latter would have thick discharge consistent with an infection).
2) Is the headache often on (or starts on) one side of your head? If so, also a migraine.

Best OTC for migraines is Advil (and have some caffeine). Excedrine Migraine (acetominphen plus aspirin plus caffeine is OK except that the acetominiphen actually isn't effective for headaches).

If you get them frequently, suggest talking to your PCP or a neurologist. There are some excellent medications now (both preventative and acute).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT