ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Buying A Car for My Son.....Trying to

Gorki26

May 7, 2020
I think I am destined to not have anything in life ever go easy.

Is there anyway to get a personal loan or straight cash loan from a credit union where my credit union can still hold the title of the car I buy as collateral?

I got a car loan in form of a check from my credit union, but the guy I am buying the car from will not accept a check, even though it's a bank check, and will only take cash, and he isn't budgeting.

My son has been driving me nuts to buy him a car for months. I told I can't do anything until I pay my own car loan off which I just did today. So yesterday he finds a good deal on a used car. We meet the guy take the car for a test drive. Car's nice and in good shape. The problem is the guy is Arab from Syria and speaks no English. He has a teenage son that speaks English but didn't do the best translating. Just made things very difficult. But he wont budge and will only accept cash.

I didn't know this would be an issue but prior to getting the loan I still asked my credit union manager if he could do the loan in cash. He said no, that makes it more difficult if it's cash. I think he was referring with cash, he could not hold the title.

My credit union is the company I work Luzerne County. The credit union sets my payments up to come out of each check directly. But I don't know why my credit union manager wouldn't be able to still hold the title if it was straight cash??

I welcome any help, advise, or suggestions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News