ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Canadian music

Chickenman Testa

Jan 4, 2003
(Mod - posts moved over from "Recruiting" thread)

gd it, Jefe
Since BTO was before your time, here were the other Easter Eggs:

“We have to go into overdrive to get Bachmann.

While Cael may let it ride after this huge class, he doesn’t even have to go out of state - just roll on down the highway to Faith Christian.

I trust Cael will take care of business and that we haven’t seen nothing yet as far as recruiting hauls.”

BTO is definitely on the Canadian Rock n Roll Mt. Rushmore - though that’s not saying much. The pride of Winnipeg, Manitoba

Last edited by a moderator:

While Cael may let it ride after this huge class, he doesn’t even have to go out of state - just roll on down the highway to Faith Christian.

I trust Cael will take care of business and that we haven’t seen nothing yet as far as recruiting hauls.”

BTO is definitely on the Canadian Rock n Roll Mt. Rushmore - though that’s not saying much. The pride of Winnipeg, Manitoba
Would of had me if "ain't seen nothing yet".

Reactions: Chickenman Testa

The story about how Taking Care of Business came to be is fascinating.

I am not Canadian, but I take offense to your minimizing the Canadian music Mount Rushmore. The below candidates would make a mighty list. 😃

Neil Young
Rush
Joni Mitchell
Leonard Cohen
Most of The Band
The Guess Who
Arcade Fire
Gordon Lightfoot
Alanis Morrisette

I am not Canadian, but I take offense to your minimizing the Canadian music Mount Rushmore. The below candidates would make a mighty list. 😃

Neil Young
Rush
Joni Mitchell
Leonard Cohen
Most of The Band
The Guess Who
Arcade Fire
Gordon Lightfoot
Alanis Morrisette

Paul Anka
April Wine
Chilliwack
Lover Boy
Toronto
Aldo Nova
Andy Kim

Plenty of others................................

• Haha
Reactions: Chickenman Testa
I mean if we are unironically throwing in Loverboy and Avril, then we gotta mention the kings right?
Photograph Nickelback GIF

Interesting Canadian radio fact, they are required to play a certain percentage of songs by Canadian artists, maybe 83%…
I wonder if they got that idea from the French. For years (maybe still) the French limited the amount of English words that were allowed to be on the radio--wanting to preserve the relative purity of the French language.

Reactions: CentexLion
I wonder if they got that idea from the French. For years (maybe still) the French limited the amount of English words that were allowed to be on the radio--wanting to preserve the relative purity of the French language.
Similar to Quebec. If you want to ship product to Quebec, and there is English text on the product, then there needs to be corresponding French as well. Difficult to do on many products as you have limited space. We have opted for ICONs instead, so that there is no need for dual language support, but the only issue is that the ICONs are difficult to interpret sometimes, so now nobody has a clue what they mean until they have to look it up on our on-line manuals.

Also, add Anne Murray to the list of Canadian singers. Somedays it isn't bad to pop in some older adult contemporary and chill. Other days, AC/DC Thunderstruck is needed. Today is shaping to be the later

Reactions: tomsc
As a proud part-Canadian (grandfather was born and grew up in Southern Ontario), I still can’t defend their musical output as a whole (despite some highlights), but I present below representations of unchallenged Canadian greatness:

20150206__20150207_B2_SP07HKNHOWEp1.jpg
08-231006-SAVEUR-MHALL-POUTINE-008-scaled.jpg

696f6060-7a60-11ee-9e7e-1b22b9100644
one more:

As a proud part-Canadian (grandfather was born and grew up in Southern Ontario), I still can’t defend their musical output as a whole (despite some highlights), but I present below representations of unchallenged Canadian greatness:

20150206__20150207_B2_SP07HKNHOWEp1.jpg
08-231006-SAVEUR-MHALL-POUTINE-008-scaled.jpg

696f6060-7a60-11ee-9e7e-1b22b9100644
Here is a counter argument for Tim Hortons.

Ok, just for the sake of discussion…USA vs Canadian Mt. Rushmore:

USA:
Bob Dylan
Bruce Springsteen
Prince
Jimi Hendrix
(Eff Elvis, he was purely derivative & you could say The Beach Boys, but not my style)

Canada:
Neil Young
The Band
Rush
Joni Mitchell

Pretty damn competitive, I’d say.

USA:
Bob Dylan
Bruce Springsteen
Prince
Jimi Hendrix
(Eff Elvis, he was purely derivative & you could say The Beach Boys, but not my style)

Canada:
Neil Young
The Band
Rush
Joni Mitchell

We bury them with our 2nd and 3rd lines

Reactions: CropDuster507

USA:
Bob Dylan
Bruce Springsteen
Prince
Jimi Hendrix

Canada:
Neil Young
The Band
Rush
Joni Mitchell

you can't omit Tom Petty

Reactions: PD4thespawn

USA:
Bob Dylan
Bruce Springsteen
Prince
Jimi Hendrix

Canada:
Neil Young
The Band
Rush
Joni Mitchell

Brittania rules the waves

The Beatles
Iron Maiden
Queen
Led Zeppelin

With an endless bench full of killers that would make Cael jealous.

Reactions: therod
All this talk about Canada and not a single "eh."

Some of you missed good opportunities too, eh?
(Mod - posts moved over from "Recruiting" thread)

BTO is definitely on the Canadian Rock n Roll Mt. Rushmore - though that’s not saying much. The pride of Winnipeg, Manitoba, eh?
Would of had me if "ain't seen nothing yet". Eh?
Who doesn’t F"ning Eh! Oh….. you mean the band…. Yeah, they aren’t too bad either.

Umm, there was this little British band called The Rolling Stones…
a lot of British talent - Kinks, the Who have to be mentioned. Guess Who for the Canadiens. On the American front, unique talent (and not a drug guy) was Zappa. Allman Bros rank high...sheesh, depends on your mood

a lot of British talent - Kinks, the Who have to be mentioned. Guess Who for the Canadiens. On the American front, unique talent (and not a drug guy) was Zappa. Allman Bros rank high...sheesh, depends on your mood
The British Mt. Rushmore is absolutely indisputable.
The Rolling Stones
The Beatles
Led Zeppelin
The Who

Reactions: 12bflying

USA:
Bob Dylan
Bruce Springsteen
Prince
Jimi Hendrix
For all the times I've been to Las Vegas, I have yet to see a single Prince impersonator.

I'd also put Van Halen, Tom Petty, and Michael Jackson ahead of Prince. Maybe (probably) more.

BTW, putting Prince on any list probably just earned you a lifetime ban from any future @smalls103 content.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT