ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cannot believe no offsides call on England's first goal v. Wales.

The Vardy goal? If so, it wasn't offsides bc Ashley Williams of Wales hit it off his head and basically passed it to Vardy, therefore, no offsides. It was garbage defending.

You sure?
Yep. They talked about it during the replay and he clearly played the ball back to Vardy as if he was on Vardy's team. Had it been an England player that headed it to Vardy it would have definitely been offside. But, since it came off the defender last, it nullifies the offside. Not quite sure what Williams was thinking heading it back towards his own goal. Silly mistake.

You sure?
The live coverage from the Guardian stated:

GOAL!!!! England 1-1 Wales (Vardy, 56 min)
Wales struggle to clear their lines and the ball reaches Sturridge on the left of the area. He lifts it back into the middle and though Vardy is offside, the ball reaches him via an unintentional touch from Williams. The rest is inevitable. Vardy swivels and smashes the loose ball past Hennessey! The Welsh protests fall on deaf ears. England are level and Hodgson’s changes have paid off.

I caught the first half, missed the second half. (I decided instead of watching six hours of soccer, I'd watch five hours of soccer and spend one hour in the gym. A good workout is always worth it.) Yeah, I took a careful look at the replay and I stand corrected. But, boy, I was f'n steamed when I first saw the replay after the fact, stormed around cussing without waiting for the explanation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT