ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Catfished new job

The Firm will tell you when you can leave
iu

My first job - they told me how many people they had employed, where they had offices, etc. Started day 1 to find out that most of the employees he was counting were family members who worked a couple of hours a month and most of the "offices" were just post office boxes.

Also my pet peeve about Linkedin. It's a turd polishing competition. I wish I had the guts to get on there and call out all of the lies so I could warn job seekers. My former company is the worst. (Of course everyone probably says that.) They get on their new CEO on there to talk about promoting women in the workplace, in the mean time, he's showing the guys in the office nude cell phone pictures of the many girlfriends that he maintains outside of his marriage. Classy.

Reactions: LionJim
You say it just like that. You aren't a job hopper but on the other hand if you sit down for a movie based on previews and you realize quickly the movie isn't any good, you pick up your popcorn and go rather than sit through the whole thing.
There is nothing wrong with job hopping in today's workforce. The days of pensions are long gone and companies are starting to eliminate 401k contributions. You see your biggest salary bumps when you switch companies for a reason.

Reactions: LionJim
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT