ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Desire for public financing of NFL (Bills) by the Pegulas

psykim

Gold Member
Jun 3, 2001
As I live in NY state, it is hard to not read the numerous articles on the Pegula's desire for well over 1 billion dollars for public financing
of a new stadium in Orchard Park, NY., near the old stadium. The NFL and apparently the Pegulas want a new stadium as it is much older
than most other NFL stadiums. The Pegulas do not want to be faced with paying for it and want financing (100%) from the county and state.
The Pegulas do not want to mention it much but there is always in the background the threat of moving the team to destinations like Austin, TX- how likely
this could occur is unclear, but possibly it is a bargaining chip. How this is going to be resolved is unknown but I do not
see NY right now, especially with tough finances, rushing in with a billion dollars. I live over 3 hours from the
stadium and it can be tough to get to as there is no public transportation but I would hate for the team to leave Buffalo. The fans
have been loyal and extremely charitable. However, as we see with conference changes and NLI money, money speaks and how valuable
loyalty and tradition will be is unclear. There is pressure to get this resolved this summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lionlover
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News