ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Draymond Green out for NBA Finals game 5.

Draymond needs to get a clue and tone down his act. It's already gotten old, even for this Warriors fan. Lebron could have broken Draymond in half if he was mad enough.

Agreed...also, the NBA needs to quit tryin to extend the series.
I expect Warriors to rally and play well...may not be enough to win in 5 but still 6 or 7
Well, what would you expect the NBA to do? He'd already been caught kicking Steven Adams in the nuts, and now this. You do this often enough and the NBA is gonna sit you down for a game. He knew that if he'd got another Flagrant foul he'd be suspended. The Warriors had the game won at that point but he has to get all Charles Oakley on Lebron and now he's not playing tomorrow. You can play tough basketball without being a dirty player. I had my doubts as to whether Green was actually a dirty player but crap like this has been happening too often for anyone to have any doubts about it now. He's a great, great player though, whew. Terrific.

Reactions: THEEHMANN
The NBA has to do something to get their brand of "basketball" back under control, someone's gonna get hurt either during a play or in a full scale rumble as a result of a cheap shot. Players on both teams are griping about calls (actually the lack of calls) on almost every possession and emotions are getting closer and closer to the breaking point.

The NBA has to do something to get their brand of "basketball" back under control, someone's gonna get hurt either during a play or in a full scale rumble as a result of a cheap shot. Players on both teams are griping about calls (actually the lack of calls) on almost every possession and emotions are getting closer and closer to the breaking point.
Agree. It's a hard game to referee and, you're right, the longer the series goes the dirtier it gets. NHL has the same issues.

So I heard that LeBron had his actions upgraded to a technical. Whoopie. Was the technical for throwing Green to the ground, stepping over him, the double foul, the excessive screaming at people (while hiding behind his teammates), the dirty play on Curry on the inbounds or the trash talking he was doing to Curry when Curry said something to the officials? It is good to see the NBA is trying to bail him out again. The NBA is making the Big Ten officiating/league office look like minor leaguers

So I heard that LeBron had his actions upgraded to a technical. Whoopie. Was the technical for throwing Green to the ground, stepping over him, the double foul, the excessive screaming at people (while hiding behind his teammates), the dirty play on Curry on the inbounds or the trash talking he was doing to Curry when Curry said something to the officials? It is good to see the NBA is trying to bail him out again. The NBA is making the Big Ten officiating/league office look like minor leaguers

I agree, hard to believe ANYTHING makes the Big 10(14) office and/or officiating look good, but the NBA has done the impossible!

The last game was very physical and it got away from the refs.

Had Green not been punished your prediction about a full blown rumble would have happened early next season. Too many incidents with one player. The first time he did something questionable next season it would be on. There's still a chance OKC takes a swipe at him.

The last game was very physical and it got away from the refs.

Had Green not been punished your prediction about a full blown rumble would have happened early next season. Too many incidents with one player. The first time he did something questionable next season it would be on. There's still a chance OKC takes a swipe at him.

The officiating crew Mon night had better take control early or it's gonna get more physical than tonight's NHL game!

watching that replay, hard to agree with that suspension.

Slapping someone in the nuts is okay?

Maybe if the dirtiest player in the NBA hadn't already received all his prior flagrant fouls, then this wouldn't be an issue.

Or, if the NBA suspended him in the OKC series due his intentional kick on Adams, like they should have, then GSW wouldn't even be playing in this series. "They're lucky to even be playing"

This one incident didn't lead to the 1 game suspension. It his historical dirty play.

Last edited:
This is the championship. Suspend him for the first game of the next season. I did not see LeBron backing down at all. When he did his "walk over" of Green, he was asking for it.

This is the championship. Suspend him for the first game of the next season. I did not see LeBron backing down at all. When he did his "walk over" of Green, he was asking for it.

lol. Like I said, Greens multiple dirty plays lead to this. This one play wouldn't be an issue...

No one asks for a shot to the nuts; is Green 10? At least stand up and swing at Lebron's head, but the nuts? Child's play.

Reactions: simons96

well the issue isn't the incident itself, it is the NBA rules on flagrant fouls

I find it a little amusing you're not placing any blame on the nut-hunter Green. this is literally his FOURTH incident going after the gibblies in the playoffs. I admire the restraint other players have shown. If this clown was in the IM building doing this to me or my teammates, he would have received a tomahawk chop to the throat by now

well the issue isn't the incident itself, it is the NBA rules on flagrant fouls

I find it a little amusing you're not placing any blame on the nut-hunter Green. this is literally his FOURTH incident going after the gibblies in the playoffs. I admire the restraint other players have shown. If this clown was in the IM building doing this to me or my teammates, he would have received a tomahawk chop to the throat by now

Just sitting here at work listening to various people talk, and they don't understand this is a result of multiple flagrants and not just the one play. Every conversation I have over heard so far starts with "How are you going to suspend Draymond 1game for that?"

Draymond needs to get a clue and tone down his act. It's already gotten old, even for this Warriors fan. Lebron could have broken Draymond in half if he was mad enough.

It would be interesting to see a Green - James scuffle. I'm not convinced that James would win. Maybe after the basketball season they could join the UFC and see what happens.

James got a technical too. But because he didn't have 97 technicals during the playoffs, didn't get a suspension. Green's penalty wasn't for that isolated incident, it was his 'strike three.'

It would be interesting to see a Green - James scuffle. I'm not convinced that James would win. Maybe after the basketball season they could join the UFC and see what happens.

LBJ is an inch taller and about 40 lbs heavier with similar speed. I'd bet on James to finish it in the first two rounds.

Reactions: Pocono Lion
James got a technical too. But because he didn't have 97 technicals during the playoffs, didn't get a suspension. Green's penalty wasn't for that isolated incident, it was his 'strike three.'

here's a thought . . . if you know your next technical will get you a 1 game suspension, how bout you don't swing at a guy's nuts??

LBJ is an inch taller and about 40 lbs heavier with similar speed. I'd bet on James to finish it in the first two rounds.

Yea, but Green seems to be kind of nuts. He could come out and fight with abandon. Not sure who would win.

Reactions: Obliviax
NBA is and always has been rigged for profit/money.

Green not suspended against OKC for much worse as Golden State was down in that series & NBA wanted Steph in finals.
Lebron's complaining & lobbying for a suspension (pathetic) pushed NBA to sit him now for Cleveland to try to extend series for more games and more money for the league,

Pretty obviously to most neutral observors.

I wish Lephony would have played back in the days where the Pistons would have hammered his complaining, flopping ass. Can't wait for him to run to another team, so someone else can help win another title.

watching that replay, hard to agree with that suspension.

Very true, Draymond has only punched or kicked someone in the balls four times during the playoffs.

You should be able to do 20 ball punches/kicks MINIMUM before there are consequences. Anything less just makes a mockery of the game.

NBA is and always has been rigged for profit/money.

Green not suspended against OKC for much worse as Golden State was down in that series & NBA wanted Steph in finals.
Lebron's complaining & lobbying for a suspension (pathetic) pushed NBA to sit him now for Cleveland to try to extend series for more games and more money for the league,

Pretty obviously to most neutral observors.

I wish Lephony would have played back in the days where the Pistons would have hammered his complaining, flopping ass. Can't wait for him to run to another team, so someone else can help win another title.

First, I haven't heard anyone lobby for Green to get suspended from the Cavs roster. I heard the coach complain LBJ is getting fouled but not getting calls (after he only got to the line for four freethrows in game four).

The NBA's rules have to do with level 1 and level 2 flagrant fouls. When you get so many 1's, they add up to a 2. A 2 is an automatic suspension.

No question Green's foul on James was at least a 1. And when that 1 was awarded, it put him over the limit making creating an automatic one-game suspension. According to ESPN's, Brian Winhorst.

Hopefully. Last game was brutal for the cavs. Bad calls both ways, but cavs definitely got the short end.

What is interesting is the 2-2-1-1-1 format. Tonights game is key. With Green out, but on GS's floor, and GS up 3-1, a must game for the Cavs.

If that Cavs find a way to win, then its back to CLE for game six. Of course, easier on the home floor. So if Cavs can win at home...back to GS for game seven after losing two, losing momentum but on the home floor. Game 7s are wild and anyone can win (injury, fouls, physicality, etc.).

So tonight is a very key game. A win tonight gives the Cavs hope. Of course, a loss and its over.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
Hopefully. Last game was brutal for the cavs. Bad calls both ways, but cavs definitely got the short end.
It's was rough. I understand not wanting to bail them out when they're recklessly attacking the rim but it was ridiculous.

Irving and James took some hits that needed to be called. I can't see that happening again.

They need to change the review rules so every out of bounds play has the option to be reviewed.

I can't remember when it happened during the last game, but there was one where Lebron contested a dunk/layup attempt and the GSW player clearly threw the ball out of bounds. It wasn't even questionable. But of course, no review could be done.

First, I haven't heard anyone lobby for Green to get suspended from the Cavs roster. I heard the coach complain LBJ is getting fouled but not getting calls (after he only got to the line for four freethrows in game four).

The NBA's rules have to do with level 1 and level 2 flagrant fouls. When you get so many 1's, they add up to a 2. A 2 is an automatic suspension.

No question Green's foul on James was at least a 1. And when that 1 was awarded, it put him over the limit making creating an automatic one-game suspension. According to ESPN's, Brian Winhorst.
You mean Brian Winhorst, Lebron lover??? He has been panting at Lebron's shorts through his Miami days and now still does if you follow his reporting.

Other reports, say LeBron lobbied the NBA in his interview Saturday about the events to take action against Green. Suddenly, the inadvertent blow that barely struck James, caused so much harm.

Enjoying watching current & former NBA players, losing respect for the Queen for his flopping, choking, actions on the floor against both Green & Steph, then his complaining of being called a bitch. Looking weaker by the day to many. Can't win without a stacked deck and now having trouble dealing with it. Remember he not only wanted the Love trade for Wiggins to win now, but also chased off a better coach the Lue.

Watch all the foul shots he gets tonight as he leads with him forearm on all his drives (travels also). NBA needs this series to advance for financial reasons.

I mean jordan was 1-9 in playoffs before he got his stacked teams around him. And Jordan had much more talent around him than Lebron.

Also, tired of hearing about Lebron choking. How do you choke if you are the extreme underdog?

You mean Brian Winhorst, Lebron lover??? He has been panting at Lebron's shorts through his Miami days and now still does if you follow his reporting.

Other reports, say LeBron lobbied the NBA in his interview Saturday about the events to take action against Green. Suddenly, the inadvertent blow that barely struck James, caused so much harm.

Enjoying watching current & former NBA players, losing respect for the Queen for his flopping, choking, actions on the floor against both Green & Steph, then his complaining of being called a bitch. Looking weaker by the day to many. Can't win without a stacked deck and now having trouble dealing with it. Remember he not only wanted the Love trade for Wiggins to win now, but also chased off a better coach the Lue.

Watch all the foul shots he gets tonight as he leads with him forearm on all his drives (travels also). NBA needs this series to advance for financial reasons.

Winhorst picked GS to beat the Cavs, and easily. Wiggins wouldn't be helping the Cavs now, he's what, 20 years old? The problem is that the Cavs bench has disappeared and LBJ and KI feel that they've got to score 95% of the time. I've never heard a Cavs player speak of GS ream with anything less than respect. Green and James are business partners and bet on the tOSU/MSU game. And we all know Green is a punk. it didn't start against the Cavs.

I mean jordan was 1-9 in playoffs before he got his stacked teams around him. And Jordan had much more talent around him than Lebron.

Also, tired of hearing about Lebron choking. How do you choke if you are the extreme underdog?
I believe Cavs were favored in game 4 on their home court& not extreme underdogs... Lebron about to set an NBA record for turnovers in a final series.

Winhorst picked GS to beat the Cavs, and easily. Wiggins wouldn't be helping the Cavs now, he's what, 20 years old? The problem is that the Cavs bench has disappeared and LBJ and KI feel that they've got to score 95% of the time. I've never heard a Cavs player speak of GS ream with anything less than respect. Green and James are business partners and bet on the tOSU/MSU game. And we all know Green is a punk. it didn't start against the Cavs.
Wiggins is a better player today than Love and would help this team more. Athletic and doesn't stand the entire game at the 3 point line. He can also guard many of the athletic Warriors, something Love cannot and has not been able to do.

6"8, Athletic and averaged 21 points per game. (Wiggins)

Wiggins is a better player today than Love and would help this team more. Athletic and doesn't stand the entire game at the 3 point line. He can also guard many of the athletic Warriors, something Love cannot and has not been able to do.

maybe...then again, they might not be in the finals without Love. Love is having a tough time guarding Green (size) and Barnes (speed). Wiggins isn't a better defensive player. Regardless, Cavs aren't loosing on defense, they are loosing because they aren't scoring points. Wiggins has a weak outside shot and no body will come out to guard him. As such, that will clog the lane for James' drives. Also, Jame's outside shot has been crappy all season...his percentage is way, way down. Perhaps he's getting old.

Draymond was right.. Lebron's a bitch.. Draymond was basically thrown to the floor and then Lebron stepped over him intentionally. Sure his hand went towards him as he got up but he barely made contact and it's an assumption he went as his nuts.. they then went hard to the glass against each other followed by some woofing. End it there.. Lebron actually mentioned that he and his teammates reviewed the swipe by Draymond in the locker room right after the game. That's what he was looking at after getting beaten. He brought his whiny agenda to the press conference and started his case to get Draymond suspended. It worked and now LeBitch better take advantage and get it back to Cleveland. What probably happened was he united the Golden State team even more and they'll play their guts out for Draymond tonight.

maybe...then again, they might not be in the finals without Love. Love is having a tough time guarding Green (size) and Barnes (speed). Wiggins isn't a better defensive player. Regardless, Cavs aren't loosing on defense, they are loosing because they aren't scoring points. Wiggins has a weak outside shot and no body will come out to guard him. As such, that will clog the lane for James' drives. Also, Jame's outside shot has been crappy all season...his percentage is way, way down. Perhaps he's getting old.
We can agree to disagree, but watch tonight. Except for Kyrie & Lebron, the rest of the Cavs are standing at the 3 point waiting to shoot a 3.
Wiggins does not shoot the 3, but scores in the paint and with mid-range jumpers, something seriously lacking on this Cavs team. Plus he could stick with Barnes & Livingston.

Draymond was right.. Lebron's a bitch.. Draymond was basically thrown to the floor and then Lebron stepped over him intentionally. Sure his hand went towards him as he got up but he barely made contact and it's an assumption he went as his nuts.. they then went hard to the glass against each other followed by some woofing. End it there.. Lebron actually mentioned that he and his teammates reviewed the swipe by Draymond in the locker room right after the game. That's what he was looking at after getting beaten. He brought his whiny agenda to the press conference and started his case to get Draymond suspended. It worked and now LeBitch better take advantage and get it back to Cleveland. What probably happened was he united the Golden State team even more and they'll play their guts out for Draymond tonight.

Here's your problem...James got a flagrant foul 1, just like Green did for this incident. Problem is, Green had several more in the playoffs and James didn't have any. The NBA didn't suspend Green for this incident, but the accumulation.

BTW, check out Green's elbow at the very start of the video.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT