ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Going to Vegas for a Bachelor Party in a week

Sharkies

Jun 14, 2013
Media, PA
Never been. Any tips? We are guys in our in late 20s.

Staying at the Cosmo the first night, then the Mirage the rest of the week. Its a marathon, not a sprint.

Staying at the Cosmo the first night, then the Mirage the rest of the week. Its a marathon, not a sprint.

Just got back from Vegas a couple of days ago, and usually go about once or twice a year. Whether or not I can help depends on what you like to do. My friends and I do the pool parties, nightclubs, and poker. If that's your thing, let me know and I'll offer my thoughts/advice. Otherwise, I'm probably not much help.

Yes, yes, and yes.

Ha! Nice!

I used to do Thur-Sun, but since the clubs are now awesome literally every single night of the week, including Sundays, this past weekend, we did a Fri-Mon vegas weekend (hotels are SO MUCH cheaper on Sunday than on Thur).

My #1 favorite club is still XS in the Wynn. It's got basically the same dance floor inside as most of the other clubs, but has a massive more "chill" area outside around a pool. So, you can dance your face off for a bit, then mingle around the outside for a while. This past weekend, we actually ended each night at XS (stays open till like 6am every night/morning).

Other clubs I like:
- Omnia in Caesars Palace. This is a new club (think it opened in March), and is drop-dead freaking gorgeous. Most beautiful club in Vegas, hands down. The only thing it's missing is an outside area, but it's got a little bigger dance floor. I'm a fan, but it's intense. There are no breaks in this place, and goes until at least 4am.
- Light in Mandalay Bay. This is a very nice club, but not quite as pretentious as the other nice Vegas clubs. Nice big dance floor, and it's easy to "hang out" (up on the floor that has the bar, and overlooks the dance floor) in this club. Light starts dying down around 3am (at least it did the two times I was there).

Notes on a few other clubs:
- Surrender in the Wynn Encore is very similar to XS, but has a smaller inside/dance area. More centered around the pool.
- Hakassan(sp?) in the MGM is a hot club right now. Almost always top DJs there (as with Omnia and XS). Similar to Omnia, but not quite as drop-dead gorgeous. Lots of chicks (because it's a hot place), but otherwise pretty standard (for a Vegas club). You really can't go wrong here, but there's really nothing unique about the club itself.
- Marquee in the Cosmo is another pretty popular club. I've been here twice and hated it (relatively speaking) both times, but at the same time, I've heard other people saying how much they love it -- So someone's having fun here. Greasing is a fairly common thing in Vegas, but I've never had to grease as much as I have at Marquee. With so many other options these days, it's kinda a turn off.
- Check and see who's spinning at Drai's. I haven't gotten a chance to get here (yet), but have heard pretty good things.

Pool parties:
- We partied our faces off at Wet Republic (MGM) this past Saturday. Calvin Harris was DJ'ing. I would love to post pictures, but I can't risk having them out on the internet. LOL What a fantastic time. We got a "daybed" (bottle service) for this day. Un-freaking-believable. Can't wait to do that again.
- I've heard that the Drai's Beach Club pool party is one of the best too, but I can't vouch for it myself. I would say go to the one that has the DJ you would rather see.

Night pool parties:
- We hit XS's "Nightswim" this past sunday night. What an insane time that was. Basically, the outside/pool area becomes their focus (they may even close off the inside), and it's an insane pool party at night. They do this every Sunday night.
- Wet Republic does "Wet at Night" on Wednesday nights.
* If you're going to be there on either Wed night or Sun night, I would recommend one of these parties.

And here is the most important piece of advice I can give you:
FOR ALL OF THESE PARTIES, GO ONLINE (TO THE VENUE'S WEBSITE) AND BUY TICKETS AHEAD OF TIME! You will pay half the price (maybe even less), and your wait to get in will be about 10% of what it would be without the tickets. If you show up at a place like Omnia at 11:30 without a ticket, the only way you're getting in is with about $100/pp of grease. With a $30-$40 ticket, you'll almost walk right in.

Ha! Nice!

I used to do Thur-Sun, but since the clubs are now awesome literally every single night of the week, including Sundays, this past weekend, we did a Fri-Mon vegas weekend (hotels are SO MUCH cheaper on Sunday than on Thur).

My #1 favorite club is still XS in the Wynn. It's got basically the same dance floor inside as most of the other clubs, but has a massive more "chill" area outside around a pool. So, you can dance your face off for a bit, then mingle around the outside for a while. This past weekend, we actually ended each night at XS (stays open till like 6am every night/morning).

Other clubs I like:
- Omnia in Caesars Palace. This is a new club (think it opened in March), and is drop-dead freaking gorgeous. Most beautiful club in Vegas, hands down. The only thing it's missing is an outside area, but it's got a little bigger dance floor. I'm a fan, but it's intense. There are no breaks in this place, and goes until at least 4am.
- Light in Mandalay Bay. This is a very nice club, but not quite as pretentious as the other nice Vegas clubs. Nice big dance floor, and it's easy to "hang out" (up on the floor that has the bar, and overlooks the dance floor) in this club. Light starts dying down around 3am (at least it did the two times I was there).

Notes on a few other clubs:
- Surrender in the Wynn Encore is very similar to XS, but has a smaller inside/dance area. More centered around the pool.
- Hakassan(sp?) in the MGM is a hot club right now. Almost always top DJs there (as with Omnia and XS). Similar to Omnia, but not quite as drop-dead gorgeous. Lots of chicks (because it's a hot place), but otherwise pretty standard (for a Vegas club). You really can't go wrong here, but there's really nothing unique about the club itself.
- Marquee in the Cosmo is another pretty popular club. I've been here twice and hated it (relatively speaking) both times, but at the same time, I've heard other people saying how much they love it -- So someone's having fun here. Greasing is a fairly common thing in Vegas, but I've never had to grease as much as I have at Marquee. With so many other options these days, it's kinda a turn off.
- Check and see who's spinning at Drai's. I haven't gotten a chance to get here (yet), but have heard pretty good things.

Pool parties:
- We partied our faces off at Wet Republic (MGM) this past Saturday. Calvin Harris was DJ'ing. I would love to post pictures, but I can't risk having them out on the internet. LOL What a fantastic time. We got a "daybed" (bottle service) for this day. Un-freaking-believable. Can't wait to do that again.
- I've heard that the Drai's Beach Club pool party is one of the best too, but I can't vouch for it myself. I would say go to the one that has the DJ you would rather see.

Night pool parties:
- We hit XS's "Nightswim" this past sunday night. What an insane time that was. Basically, the outside/pool area becomes their focus (they may even close off the inside), and it's an insane pool party at night. They do this every Sunday night.
- Wet Republic does "Wet at Night" on Wednesday nights.
* If you're going to be there on either Wed night or Sun night, I would recommend one of these parties.

And here is the most important piece of advice I can give you:
FOR ALL OF THESE PARTIES, GO ONLINE (TO THE VENUE'S WEBSITE) AND BUY TICKETS AHEAD OF TIME! You will pay half the price (maybe even less), and your wait to get in will be about 10% of what it would be without the tickets. If you show up at a place like Omnia at 11:30 without a ticket, the only way you're getting in is with about $100/pp of grease. With a $30-$40 ticket, you'll almost walk right in.[/QUOT]

images

images

Vegas is a sprint, not a marathon. Hope youre not going for more than 3 nights

Was about to post the same thing. The only way to truly experience Vegas is to dive right in, and I'm not sure many people can do that for a week. Especially for a bachelor party.

Good luck!

Stay out of the alleyways, use the Strip or whatever else is lit. You should check out Freemont Street.

Vegas is a sprint, not a marathon. Hope youre not going for more than 3 nights

Agreed. Whether there for a bachelor party or vacation with my wife, I find that more than three or four days is too much. And that's true even when I get plenty of sleep.

Don't pass out on the roof of the hotel......you'll get a really nasty sunburn!

Drink lots of water. And keep a bottle near your bed. You can wake up parched in the middle of the night.

Circus Circus has some great draft bars and buy a glass of draft, keep the glass and get the refills free.

Just got back from Vegas a couple of days ago, and usually go about once or twice a year. Whether or not I can help depends on what you like to do. My friends and I do the pool parties, nightclubs, and poker. If that's your thing, let me know and I'll offer my thoughts/advice. Otherwise, I'm probably not much help.

Damn, I just assumed you stayed in the pool 100% of the time.....shows what I know. A fish out of water is not cool,,,,,

Reactions: Peetz Pool Boy

You will want/need to take a day off unless you're Keith Richards. Lots of great day trips to escape Vegas, but that time of the year is brutal weather-wise. Otherwise I'd say break up the insanity with a tour of Valley of Fire State Park - amazing.

Reactions: Sharkies
My uncle was HOS at Harrah's. Too bad he lives in Colorado now. He could show you some great things. He lived one street up from Sigfreid and Roy's compound, and you could hear the tigers growling there at night.

Reactions: Sharkies
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT