ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Let's Go Wildcats!

My father was a Penn grad and Penn was my second choice. I too loved that Penn team and I was very happy when Harter came to Penn State. But alas...

Alas the Penn State administration, including Tim Curley, did not care for Harter personally, and gave him a difficult time, from day one on the job.

Not for me. For the benefit of those who don't know the story, Villanova did not cheat. Porter signed with the ABA before his eligibility was up. (The story is that the ABA Commissioner left Porter's contract in an open briefcase for some sportswriter to see.)
Oh, definitely lame. Classic NCAA

Bad draw really, I think they would have played either DePaul or Indiana State head up, but Magic had too many horses with him.
No doubt. They took DePaul to OT in the 3rd place game. Ray Meyer was perhaps, with Guy Lewis, the worst top level coach in NCAA BBall history. Meyer had oodles of talent and squandered it.

There have been some absolutely dominant performances in the NCAA tournament -- the previously mentioned UNLV over Duke by 30 in 1990, Phi Slama Jama Houston over Louisville in the 1983 Final Four, and just last year the undefeated Kentucky team that obliterated West Virginia in the Regional finals. Villanova's performance yesterday was every bit as good, probably better.

But the word of caution -- Houston lost (to NC State) and so did Kentucky (to Wisconsin).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT