ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Must confess, I like most of Marky Mark's films, both the dramas and fun ones

YeOldeCup

Jan 27, 2005
On the drama side, Boogie Nights, The Perfect Storm, Deepwater Horizon, Lone Survivor, Invincible, and Shooter, are terrific. On the entertainment side, Ted 1/2.

(Edit: forgot The Departed)

He has branched into/onto Netflix, and Spencer Confidential is both suspenseful and comedic. The first five minutes are terrific, especially if you like (the band) Boston.

(image added for reference, especially for his love interest)
Spenser-Confidential-Netflix-Cast.jpg

...and one more for good measure:
spenser-confidential-recensione-mark-wahlberg-iliza-shlesinger-tits-3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: bison13 and Hotshoe
I really liked Four Brothers. Thought it was a good example on how to do a remake of a movie, Sons of Katie Elder. Kept just enough of the original to be recognized but was judicious with changes that allowed it to stand on it’s own.

He's really good in comedy, great as Dusty in the Daddy's Home movies. If you haven't seen Instant Family, I think he and it are terrific, comedy and heartwarming.

Three Kings is just all kinds of awesome anyway and he was great in that as are the other two kings and everybody and everything about it.

He's really good in comedy, great as Dusty in the Daddy's Home movies. If you haven't seen Instant Family, I think he and it are terrific, comedy and heartwarming.

Three Kings is just all kinds of awesome anyway and he was great in that as are the other two kings and everybody and everything about it.
Best thing about Instant Family:

He's pretty good - for hollywood. I like how he turned his life around and became a christian and family man (hopefully that's still true). He should be someone young actors look up to.

Reactions: NedFromYork
My name's Brett, and I am a fan of Mark Wahlberg. The kids made me watch Daddy's Home again tonight for the 10th time. I realized about 2-3 years ago that I'm a fan of him. The Other Guys, Pain and Gain, We Own the Night, are some of my faves. And Yes, he was hilarious in Ted.

Agree - he’s funnier than he probably should be. Outside of Boogie Nights (where even there he’s a bit, uh, stiff...) he basically plays the same character over and over again. He’s a star - but not a serious actor; no range. Loved him in I Heart Huckabees and of course Three Kings.

Agree - he’s funnier than he probably should be. Outside of Boogie Nights (where even there he’s a bit, uh, stiff...) he basically plays the same character over and over again. He’s a star - but not a serious actor; no range. Loved him in I Heart Huckabees and of course Three Kings.

I quite literally laughed myself out of my chair on this scene from Ted 2:

You know that he's a convicted felon and served time for a hate crime... savagely attacking an Asian man. Obviously he turned himself into a respectable human being but people seem to forget that part of his story.

For me I loved him in a the departed. I love when his character starts tearing into a subordinate who asks him "who are you anyway" and MW responds "I'm the guy doing his job, you must be the other guy"

Another good Marky Mark movie is Patriots Day (2016) which rehashes the Boston Marathon bombing.

Reactions: psualt
You know that he's a convicted felon and served time for a hate crime... savagely attacking an Asian man. Obviously he turned himself into a respectable human being but people seem to forget that part of his story.

For me I loved him in a the departed. I love when his character starts tearing into a subordinate who asks him "who are you anyway" and MW responds "I'm the guy doing his job, you must be the other guy"
Interesting story to read about. That incident actually turned him around at 16. Never knew about any of that.

Reactions: hlstone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT