ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pacific Northwest

bdroc

Aug 23, 2021
Looking for advice about proper itinerary for 3 days driving to Mt Ranier, Snoqualme Falls, and Leavenworth including lodging.

I learned the hard way that there is a lower parking lot at Snoqualme. My cousins live in The Emerald City and we had a cousin reunion 5 years ago.

Wife and cousin's daughter crapped out at bottom on hot August day. Do yourself a favor START at the bottom and either reverse or just drive to the top. The hike is neat...but not worth the incline. Views at top and bottom are the show. Enjoy!

Late June

We didn't have too much much snow this year, so that might work out. Usually, the hiking around Rainier is very limited until July. I'd keep an eye on trail reports. Rainier is special when the flowers are blooming in mid July. It's also a great place for hiking and camping all summer, but I would never go there in early to mid June. You may want to build some optionality into your trip if the trail reports are still dicey in mid June.

Snoqualmie Falls is neat, but there isn't much there. I take visitors there for a short evening excursion. I've heard good things about the lodge and the food, which I've never experienced them because I'm local. Rainier alone could consume three days. I might skip a night at snoqualmie falls and treat it has a 1-2 hour stop. There are some cute towns near by (snoqualmie, Issaquah), which would be good for an ice cream stop.

you're trying to do a lot in 3-days. Other great places are deception pass, whidbey island, and the obvious Seattle attractions. One of my favorite things to do is rent a house on the water (piglet sound) in the summer. The weather can be extraordinary.

Reactions: bdroc
Looking for advice about proper itinerary for 3 days driving to Mt Ranier, Snoqualme Falls, and Leavenworth including lodging.

Wherever you go, make sure you check for cannibals in the area first. Don't take any chances, white meat is a delicacy.

Reactions: bdgan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT