ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Props To Those

Nihilist Rodgers

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
SoCal
who are parents of special needs kids.. my best friend for junior high.. seeing some posts on Facebook he spends a lot of time with his son.. noticed that his kid is always playing baseball and then I see it's thru the Miracle Network.

As a kid I pretty much spent year 12+ on trying to ditch my parents... many of these kids will need mom & dad well beyond 25. As an outside observer these kids might be a challenge, but they seem to be more appreciative than the self-absorbed average kid walking around. I see Kurt Warner trying to build housing for special needs young adults. PSU/Paterno Family is huge on Special Olympics..

Which leads to.. Recent genetic engineering is now able to correct (still in infancy) and spot problems in embryo development. Iceland has has been eradicating Down's Syndrome babies via termination of problematic fetuses ...not taking a stance here.. simply leads to us facing a future with no challenged kids.. surely people with challenges add to society... or is it cruel to the kids who are saddled with excess obstacles.

Respectful thoughts appreciated.. let's not call any names or do any shouting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News