ADVERTISEMENT

OT - so I broke down and checked the MLB standings this AM...

MtNittany

May 29, 2001
Why are the Astros even allowed to play baseball? Why is that pint-sized "mvp" of theirs allowed to play?
Imagine what Ted Williams or Willie Mays would have done if they knew what was coming.

Guys have always been trying to get an edge. I'm still not sure why this time it was such a big deal. Guys have used performance enhancers, doctored balls and attempted to steal signs forever. Everyone has been so paranoid in the past, talking into their gloves, base coaches using multiple signals, etc.. how did teams not figure out signs were being stolen and adjust? The Nationals came up with hundreds of different signs to ensure signs couldn't be stolen when they won it all. Not paying attention to that detail seems irresponsible to me.

Guys have always been trying to get an edge. I'm still not sure why this time it was such a big deal. Guys have used performance enhancers, doctored balls and attempted to steal signs forever. Everyone has been so paranoid in the past, talking into their gloves, base coaches using multiple signals, etc.. how did teams not figure out signs were being stolen and adjust? The Nationals came up with hundreds of different signs to ensure signs couldn't be stolen when they won it all. Not paying attention to that detail seems irresponsible to me.
The unofficial rule of thumb was that you could steal signs as long as you did not use technology to do so. The Astros used technology to get by the Yankees and to steal a World Series title from the Dodgers. The players should have been banned for a year but the commissioner had no balls. And the title should have been declared null. F... them.

The unofficial rule of thumb was that you could steal signs as long as you did not use technology to do so. The Astros used technology to get by the Yankees and to steal a World Series title from the Dodgers. The players should have been banned for a year but the commissioner had no balls. And the title should have been declared null. F... them.
Agree 100%. If the pitcher grips the ball obviously outside of his glove and tips his pitches, then shame on the pitcher. To have cameras on the pitcher and catcher from behind center field then relaying that back to the dugout electronically and then to the batter is a different beast.

Judge should have been the MVP. It was stolen from him and he can never get that back. He did get a little revenge tonight.

Reactions: BrucePa
The players should have been banned for FIVE years. Minimum.

Can see both sides to this one, no easy answers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT