ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Nationals' Daniel Murphy

LionJim

Oct 8, 2003
Levittown, PA to Olney, MD
I was catching the Nats in Cincinnati between bouts of trimming the hedges and caught Murphy's second home run of the game. It was a blast, a no-doubt-about-it dinger, and as he brought the bat back down, he was beaming as if he were still a boy playing Little League. The guy just loves to play baseball.

Reactions: mn78psu83
I was catching the Nats in Cincinnati between bouts of trimming the hedges and caught Murphy's second home run of the game. It was a blast, a no-doubt-about-it dinger, and as he brought the bat back down, he was beaming as if he were still a boy playing Little League. The guy just loves to play baseball.
One of those free agency moves that most were skeptical about when it happened. Not any more.

Reactions: LionJim
He's a good hitter, but I'll smile handing out mints in the men's room at sPitt games for $13M.

He's an interesting guy. Almost all hitters are coached to hit down and through the ball and to keep your hands on top of the ball. Murphy has a completely different approach and many credit Zimmermans production this year to adopting Murphy's approach.

Guy can play, no doubt about it. Their 3-4-5 engine room is pretty prolific. If the Nats addressed some of their pen concerns through their trade, they will be a tough out in the post season.

Reactions: LionJim
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT