ADVERTISEMENT

OT--Tower of Power and Boz Skaggs

psurudy

May 29, 2001
A new outdoor covered concert venue will open in May Wife and I will be attending the Tower of Power and Boz Skaggs concert in July. Anyone attend a concert be either. Comments. Thanks in advance.

Have never seen TOP but they are (or at least were) awesome. Check out "What is Hip"....it's killer.

Just saw TOP, with Journey and Steve Miller. TOP was the opening

act. Lead singer was very good and entertaining. Steve Miller was next. He played with 4 other musicians all younger than him but he was fantastic. Journey was good but w/out Steve Perry it was like listening to a cover band. All 3 of these bands are from the Bay area.

Steve Miller rocked. Boz Scaggs used to play with Steve Miller and I believe he is from Pittsburgh.
This post was edited on 4/10 4:14 PM by Fac

I saw Boz Skaggs a few years ago ...

He sung all his hits (and he had a lot of them), but his voice was definitely a lot weaker than his heyday in the 70's and 80's. This was at a rather small indoor event, so it wasn't as though he had to really push it.

Boz is the man! He still has got it and you will enjoy the show. His new album is great. I've never seen TOP, but heard they are great too. Perhaps they will play together!

Big Boz fan here

Can't speak for T of P, but Boz still puts on a good performance. He's lost some vocal range but still sounds good and can play like always.

Good clip here Boz playing with a Big Band - Lido Shuffle. Dig the horns!
This post was edited on 4/10 2:58 PM by Fox Chapel Lion II

Boz playing New Years Eve show

Meant to read that Boz was born in Pittsburgh but my sentence wan't very

clear.
This post was edited on 4/10 4:47 PM by Fac

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT