ADVERTISEMENT

OUTRAGE: texas longhorns allow player to enroll after plea deal to drug charge.

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
:eek:

See the link below. From the article:

"The University of Texas will allow incoming freshman tight end Reese Leitao to keep his scholarship and enroll in school after his felony drug charge was pleaded down to a misdemeanor.

"Based on several discussions with people who know Reese well as a person both on and off the field, he's been a good student, highly-regarded teammate and leader among his peers," Texas athletic director Mike Perrin said in a statement issued Tuesday. "All indications are that he's a young man with a history of good character and behavior who made a poor decision."

Leitao, a native of Jenks, Oklahoma, was arrested in February on a charge of drug possession with intent to distribute within 2,000 feet of a school. According to the Austin American-Statesman, Leitao had 20 Xanax pills -- 19 hidden in his underwear -- and about $1,300 in cash. Last week he reached a plea agreement with Tulsa (Oklahoma) County prosecutors and received a four-year probationary sentence.

"I recently met with Reese and his parents and found him to be contrite, sincere and accountable for his actions," Perrin said. "He has taken ownership of his mistake and the consequences that come with it.""

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...keep-scholarship-enroll-drug-charge-plea-deal

Please take this opportunity to remember that Penn State has a culture problem.

Reactions: step.eng69
When one of his players was arrested for shooting off a shotgun in the dormitory, Bear Bryant on his playing status: "Seeins that he didn't break any team rules..."

How many stars did he have as a recruit?
I think he was a three star. Funnily enough, we were in his recruitment all the way until the end, and I believe it was looking like a Penn State/Nebraska battle until Herman offered him when he arrived at Texas.

How many stars did he have as a recruit?

Rivals had him as a 4 star

I think he was a three star. Funnily enough, we were in his recruitment all the way until the end, and I believe it was looking like a Penn State/Nebraska battle until Herman offered him when he arrived at Texas.

That's not quite accurate. PSU did offer Leitao, and they were a serious contender for him. Leitao narrowed his decision in mid-August (before his senior year of HS) to Maryland, Nebraska, Okla. St., and PSU. He then verballed to Nebraska in late August. In early December, he was offered by Texas, and took an official visit to them. He said after the visit that he was 100% committed to Nebraska, and that he planned to taken an official to Nebraska in January. However, just after Christmas, Leitao flipped to Texas. PSU had been out of the picture with Leitao for many months by the time he flipped to Texas.

I love the whole "mistake" language. Forgetting your car keys is a mistake.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT