Jan 29, 2002
BC 6-4; Pitt 2-8.
Game should be a stinko.
Pitt not Bowl eligible.
Penguin game at home tonight

legitimate honest attendance:
12,000. Over or under?😂

Reactions: bison13
BC QB Castellanos is fun to watch, like Kyler Murray type. Will turn on just to watch him torch Pitt D.

Never underestimate the power of a free beverage offer
For a free beer some masochists may attend. Who’s going out tonight to watch that sh&t show for a soft drink? You would have to be both masochistic and certifiably insane. Or the DUZZ’s wife who probably has no choice in the matter.

Reactions: joeaubie21
Holy hell there's about 5 thousand there tonight, it looks like Akron vs Eastern Michigan

BC QB Castellanos is fun to watch, like Kyler Murray type. Will turn on just to watch him torch Pitt D.
I haven't watched much (Pens/Devils & Bengals/Ravens are better) but 6/12 for 102 with negative yards rushing and 6 points. If that's torching them....

I haven't watched much (Pens/Devils & Bengals/Ravens are better) but 6/12 for 102 with negative yards rushing and 6 points. If that's torching them....
Oh, thanks Lando..another informative post. I got the news flash that BC is bad too. Look at his first six game though.

Last edited:
Oh, thanks Lando..another informative post. I got the news flash that BC is bad too. Look at his first six game though.
I've watched him play. He's not overly impressive and there's no Kyler comparison IMO
The comment was made that you would watch to see him torch them. Did he?
Do you think BC isn't a bad team?

I've watched him play. He's not overly impressive and there's no Kyler comparison IMO
The comment was made that you would watch to see him torch them. Did he?
Do you think BC isn't a bad team?
Seriously, keep your job bc football scouting analysis is not your thing. Being a righteous naysayer seems to be more in wheelhouse. Watch GT or SU game as well. The BC OL was absolutely horrendous. Sacked 6 times, 3 "rush 4" sacks. He escaped 1/2 a dozen others by shear athletic ability. No QB will have good numbers with that type of pressure. He threw one bad pick. It was still 17-16 with 5m to go. He threw absolute dime at 10:38 mark, dropped by WR in EZ. He ran from pressure nearly scored from 35 yrds at 17:12m . Sure, no Kyler Murray comparison. He was a back-up at start of season. He is a soph and hardly played at UCF as FR before transferring. I am not saying he will be NFL like Kyle but open eyes..the arm skills and athletic abilities are there.

Seriously, keep your job bc football scouting analysis is not your thing. Being a righteous naysayer seems to be more in wheelhouse. Watch GT or SU game as well. The BC OL was absolutely horrendous. Sacked 6 times, 3 "rush 4" sacks. He escaped 1/2 a dozen others by shear athletic ability. No QB will have good numbers with that type of pressure. He threw one bad pick. It was still 17-16 with 5m to go. He threw absolute dime at 10:38 mark, dropped by WR in EZ. He ran from pressure nearly scored from 35 yrds at 17:12m . Sure, no Kyler Murray comparison. He was a back-up at start of season. He is a soph and hardly played at UCF as FR before transferring. I am not saying he will be NFL like Kyle but open eyes..the arm skills and athletic abilities are there.

I thought you're exaggerating and overselling him by comparing him to Kyler. Which you backed off from. I didn't say he was awful. And he didn't torch Pitt as you predicted. Not sure why you're so mad about this. You basically agreed that the Kyler comparison was over the top. Maybe Trace...I'd give you Trace.

I thought you're exaggerating and overselling him by comparing him to Kyler. Which you backed off from. I didn't say he was awful. And he didn't torch Pitt as you predicted. Not sure why you're so mad about this. You basically agreed that the Kyler comparison was over the top. Maybe Trace...I'd give you Trace.
Re-read my post which you had to call out bc his numbers did not show a 'torching' I said Kyler Murray type, not that he was Kyler Murray..my god, you are insufferable.

To be fair, the student section is the only group that routinely shows up when no one else does. It’s gotten much better from when I was there… respect to the student for getting on the busses for a Thursday night game to watch a 2-8 football team.
Agree. we all knew, when Pitt couldn't muster the money to build their own stadium, that fan support would suffer.

I watched several of the MACaction games in the middle of the week (MAC conference on CBS and ESPN+). There were very few people in the stands although are typically pretty full on Saturdays.

Our game vs Sparty at Ford Field on Black Friday will be interesting. Tickets are in the mid-$20s and I'll bet they are in the law teems on gameday morning.

Agree. we all knew, when Pitt couldn't muster the money to build their own stadium, that fan support would suffer.

I watched several of the MACaction games in the middle of the week (MAC conference on CBS and ESPN+). There were very few people in the stands although are typically pretty full on Saturdays.

Our game vs Sparty at Ford Field on Black Friday will be interesting. Tickets are in the mid-$20s and I'll bet they are in the law teems on gameday morning.
Why did they move it there again? Just for the spectacle of playing a Black Friday game at an NFL stadium? Doesn’t make sense to me… then again, most of the decisions they make regarding this sport don’t make sense to me nowadays.

Why did they move it there again? Just for the spectacle of playing a Black Friday game at an NFL stadium? Doesn’t make sense to me… then again, most of the decisions they make regarding this sport don’t make sense to me nowadays.
Hail, quick shout out to you for making me laugh last week with your "not so fast my friend" reply when I posted "the world is all PSU fans this week" 😂😂😂. Somehow the world is always right when PSU and Pitt continue our REAL rivalry, even if we aren't playing each other any longer. Thx bro.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I am not sure but recall that the B1G wants everyone to play a Friday night game and that they won't play night games in November (too cold). PSU escaped with no Friday games until the last game. But nobody wants to play at night so the compromise was to play an indoor game. That meant Indy or Detroit. Since it is a home game and the field was open, Detroit was chosen and agreed upon.

You may not know but this game has a history of weather problems. In 2017, the game was delayed 3.5 hours. Seven hours after the start of the game. Being a home game, Sparty had advantages where they could lightly eat. PSU had to order out but not knowing when they'd resume play, didn't want the kids to pound down pizza and then have to play football. it was a complete mess. Can you imagine trying to play after not eating for 7 hours or after pounding down three slices of pizza?

That was the worst but we've had a lot of snow and cold weather to deal with. Making it a night game makes it even worse.

The good news is that they changed the playing surface this year so it'll be less likely to cause a career-ending injury like years past

Hail, quick shout out to you for making me laugh last week with your "not so fast my friend" reply when I posted "the world is all PSU fans this week" 😂😂😂. Somehow the world is always right when PSU and Pitt continue our REAL rivalry, even if we aren't playing each other any longer. Thx bro.
I think we all take these rivalries and message boards too serious at time. It’s football, let’s have some fun with it! Appreciate you and others who I engage with on here.

Re-read my post which you had to call out bc his numbers did not show a 'torching' I said Kyler Murray type, not that he was Kyler Murray..my god, you are insufferable.
He's not a "Kyler Murray" type
You agreed "not to the level" of Kyler Murray and that he "didn't torch them", right?
What's the argument here?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT