ADVERTISEMENT

OVER/UNDER on attendance at Pitt / Boston College game tonight

I think we all take these rivalries and message boards too serious at time. It’s football, let’s have some fun with it! Appreciate you and others who I engage with on here.
There's a way to disagree and not make personal attacks and even have a few laughs. Sadly this board is littered with a few people who have to resort to childish attacks. Or strange twisted trolls like Lando who get off on creating false personas, etc...

I actually believe the PSU fan and the Pitt fan are cultural brothers, with no "big" or "little" one. Both sides are very very steeped in Pennsylvania football history and share a relationship where in many many cities and towns, both of us will show up at the bar, or the game, or the gatherings, and often we know each other, but simply root for opposing teams. It's unlike Michigan/Ohio State or Auburn/Alabama etc.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
There's a way to disagree and not make personal attacks and even have a few laughs. Sadly this board is littered with a few people who have to resort to childish attacks. Or strange twisted trolls like Lando who get off on creating false personas, etc...

I actually believe the PSU fan and the Pitt fan are cultural brothers, with no "big" or "little" one. Both sides are very very steeped in Pennsylvania football history and share a relationship where in many many cities and towns, both of us will show up at the bar, or the game, or the gatherings, and often we know each other, but simply root for opposing teams. It's unlike Michigan/Ohio State or Auburn/Alabama etc.
This used to be true. The Pitt/PSU week used to be a lot fun with good natured jaw boning. But since the Sandusky debacle it’s really changed. The Lair is a disgusting human cesspool.

A few other factors are in play. The fact we refuse to schedule them. That they have collapsed while we withstood a huge scandal and are back at the top. That their fan base has disappeared.

Shame as it was fun. Now is just ugly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT