ADVERTISEMENT

Overnight RV parking

PSU_RAM

Sep 8, 2016
So the ORV lot is sold out to season pass holders. Has anyone had any luck buying a pass in the after market for a single game? Also, has anyone stayed at the Grange Fairgrounds as an overflow option? If so, what's that like?

Season pass holders need to be careful of who they sell to; they could lose ORV pass. Selling to hooligans from State or visitors would be risky!

My son and I were awarded 2 ORV passes. I will eat the games I don't attend or sell to my son's friend, unless another buyer is properly vetted!

Son stayed at Grange one game. Nice-water and electric as I recall. Not an unreasonable alternative. Storage available. He has been RVing at games for 11 years.

Last edited:
Anyone know what the nlc point cut off ended up being? I also am worried about selling on the open market right now and want to see how things play out. Supposedly they are taking a more active approach on the non-transferable statute than in the past according to my wife. (She gets her info from FB so I hardly give it any weight)

Another good time ruined by the University. Now there's an HOA apparently run by a bunch of people that don't even own the land. Well done.

Sell your pass to a visitor and lose your season pass? That's welcoming.

You've all lost me. I'll be commuting to games from a (free) cabin about 40 minutes away from now on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Limestone_Lion
Anyone know what the nlc point cut off ended up being? I also am worried about selling on the open market right now and want to see how things play out. Supposedly they are taking a more active approach on the non-transferable statute than in the past according to my wife. (She gets her info from FB so I hardly give it any weight)
There's no way to enforce any non-transferable statute unless a person using the pass is violating the rules/law.
There's plenty of situations where people have 4,8,10+ season tickets and somebody in their party other than the primary ticket holder uses the RV pass. If the University tried to enforce a non-transferable statute, examples like this would cause a major headache for everybody.

Know who you sell to! All are tired of the clowns who do not clean up, violated the rules, drink too much and make the event unpleasant for those well behaved.

NLC cut off was below ~450 apparently.

Know who you sell to! All are tired of the clowns who do not clean up, violated the rules, drink too much and make the event unpleasant for those well behaved.

NLC cut off was below ~450 apparently.
A friend got a season RV pass with 357 NLC points. Lowest total being successful I have heard to date

I got a season pass with 351 points....not sure how close I was to getting shut out.

why did they have to change it at all...everything seemed to be working alright

Agree...this sucks as I always can make it up for a game and enjoy bringing my kids and camping at the stadium and showing them around campus and going downtown Friday along with taking in a Hockey or Volleyball match Friday. Now I may not even come up and save funds for other trips.

If anyone has a pass or the Nebraska game they want to sell let me know!

Guess I'll post on ticket exchange as well and se what happens...not real interested in the Grange option at this time!

Reactions: jerseylion109
Another good time ruined by the University. Now there's an HOA apparently run by a bunch of people that don't even own the land. Well done.

Sell your pass to a visitor and lose your season pass? That's welcoming.

You've all lost me. I'll be commuting to games from a (free) cabin about 40 minutes away from now on.
You won't lose it for selling unless the person you sell it to is a jerk that violates the rules of the lots. One of the reason they made the change was to have accountability for those in the lot. They are trying to prevent the one time out of control parties. I think this is specifically targeted at places like Nittany RV. If they choose to rent it out the. They better police who they rent it to or risk losing their spot for the season.

Reactions: njlion73
I'm not digging the new rules. I grew up near State College, but now I live in North Carolina. I can't make it to many games. It kind of shuts out the people who don't have season tickets/passes. And no, I'm not paying $1300 for two nights at a hotel. LOL

I just want to take my wife to her first PSU game. I guess I'll have to get someone with a pass to sell to do an FBI approved background check on me. :)

were the nittany RV overnight tailgaters really THAT out of control?...part of the party atmosphere makes the lots fun. Penn State yet again screwing up things that have been working for years and losing fans in the process.

were the nittany RV overnight tailgaters really THAT out of control?...part of the party atmosphere makes the lots fun. Penn State yet again screwing up things that have been working for years and losing fans in the process.

For the most part the rentals behaved OK and no different from the general population. However there are always the exceptions and my biggest issue with the rentals was some (by all means not all) just trashed the place. Cups, cans, and trash all over the place. They just pack up and go home leaving a dump behind them for the volunteers to pick up. There are free freaking trash bags available all over the place! (I have noticed that Temple students are the worst culprits.)

I am all for capital markets and respect the ingenuity of the RV rental companies. However, if I were to set up a BBQ stand at my RV and charged people for food, PSU would shut me down immediately. The rental companies found a loophole and good for them.

I do think people that come up for every game to the ORV lot have gotten a little tired of having to park on a 7 degree slope while the Rentals have nice flat prime spots. I do understand that the rentals arrive in caravan Thursday night or first thing Friday morning, but geesh, cant PSU put them in the far NW corner or something?

I am willing to bet that the rentals companies have cut a deal with PSU and will still be there in the ORV lot this upcoming year, while loyal and dedicated fans who come up for a couple of games a year in their camper/rv will be relegated to the Grange. If that is the case, it will not sit will with the rv owners (or me.)

I for one welcome 50% more room per space. I can not tell you how many times I have had to go out and ask the RV next to me to turn their generator off because my Carbon monoxide alarm was blaring away. More space will create more airflow.

And lastly, this was a typical cluster **** roll-out by PSU and the NLC. You would think with 3+ new assistant AD's added over the last year they would have thought this out better. Catching people off-guard is never good business decision.

I'm not digging the new rules. I grew up near State College, but now I live in North Carolina. I can't make it to many games. It kind of shuts out the people who don't have season tickets/passes. And no, I'm not paying $1300 for two nights at a hotel. LOL

I just want to take my wife to her first PSU game. I guess I'll have to get someone with a pass to sell to do an FBI approved background check on me. :)
There way around it. You can stay at the grange and drive in on game day or spend the night before at Walmart. You can still bring in the RV on game day.

I am willing to bet that the rentals companies have cut a deal with PSU and will still be there in the ORV lot this upcoming year, while loyal and dedicated fans who come up for a couple of games a year in their camper/rv will be relegated to the Grange. If that is the case, it will not sit will with the rv owners (or me.)
Srsly? It was the "rv owners" who caused this. Under what authority, I have no idea.

And lastly, this was a typical cluster **** roll-out by PSU and the NLC. You would think with 3+ new assistant AD's added over the last year they would have thought this out better. Catching people off-guard is never good business decision.

How was this a cluster? Is it just because you didn't like the change? To often people label it a cluster because they don't like the change or they don't do their homework. They didn't take time to read everything or make a phone call to get questions answered.

Srsly? It was the "rv owners" who caused this. Under what authority, I have no idea.
Do you remember the committee of fans they put together a year or so ago? This change came from those meetings.

Do you remember the committee of fans they put together a year or so ago? This change came from those meetings.
Yep, and they failed miserably (though I'm sure they're all happy). I was hoping they were going in there to argue for showering at the IM building. They came out w/ stupid street signs and 25% less spaces.

The rv rentals in the ORV are not going to be there this year. They are moving to the grange fair, the posted it on their FB page

Yep, and they failed miserably (though I'm sure they're all happy). I was hoping they were going in there to argue for showering at the IM building. They came out w/ stupid street signs and 25% less spaces.

I am in total agreement that us RV owners brought this on ourselves along with liability mitigation. It is a self inflicted wound. This decision had nothing to do with the Rentals.

How was this a cluster? Is it just because you didn't like the change? To often people label it a cluster because they don't like the change or they don't do their homework. They didn't take time to read everything or make a phone call to get questions answered.

I actually like the change and did my homework. My beef is that they waited until basically June, and slipped out an email 7 days before sales opened up. The changes should have been communicated prior to NLC Feb 2 deadline and tickets renewals so those people that were not likely to get the ORV pass could make a better purchasing decision.

I know of at least one person that is giving up her family's season tickets next year because she only has something like 174 NLC points and was left out. I don't agree with her, and her attitude may change over time, but that is what she is feeling. She has a Young family and had been coming up for 4-6 games each year the last 3 years. Also, they went out and bought a used, but very nice, 5th wheel for the games. Just saying that a lot of people are mad they didn't get a pass AND prior notice may have changed their decisions back in Feb/Mar.

How do you know they failed miserably? I am sure many are going to really like a lot of the changes. Just because you don't doesn't mean they failed miserably. If the changes are popular they can always expand the lot. If it isn't then they can change back. The im showers are never going to comeback. Times have changed and the university has finally caught up with them. It unfortunate but it the way things are. You are more likely to see premium RV lots with hookups before you see the IM building open for anyone to walk in and shower.

So the ORV lot is sold out to season pass holders. Has anyone had any luck buying a pass in the after market for a single game? Also, has anyone stayed at the Grange Fairgrounds as an overflow option? If so, what's that like?
JUST THROWING THIS OUT THERE...I DON'T HAVE A CLUE ABOUT RV PASSES

4 RV Overnight RV passes are available for every home game EXCEPT the PITT GAME.

Yellow passes

$100.00 per pass

Contact klb14@psu.edu if you are interested in purchasing.

For the Glory,
Karen

Karen Brace-Hodle
Alumni Relations and Stewardship Officer
Penn State Wilkes-Barre
570-675-9228
klb14@psu.edu
http://wilkesbarre.psu.edu/alumni

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT