ADVERTISEMENT

PA HS Wrestling thread

Bringing Mineo to this forum? Delete your account.
😁
I wonder if hes asking around about the whereabouts of this h.s. athlete. That just seems creepy to me. My nephews girlfriend graduated from Sem this past year. She was on swim team. I asked her if she knew Bouzakis and soon as it came out of my mouth I felt like a scum ball... lol

I wonder if hes asking around about the whereabouts of this h.s. athlete. That just seems creepy to me. My nephews girlfriend graduated from Sem this past year. She was on swim team. I asked her if she knew Bouzakis and soon as it came out of my mouth I felt like a scum ball... lol
He apparently read what you wrote about him. I think that's a first for him.

Lol. Did he answer the question? Kinda weird he would know a high school kid didn’t attend first day of school if you ask me.

Edit. Oh I see now. It appears he deleted the tweet.
What tweet? I am "Kinda" 100% accurate and I scoop the World!*

*-Unless I am wrong......then it never happened. :)

Reactions: danoftw
What tweet? I am "Kinda" 100% accurate and I scoop the World!*

*-Unless I am wrong......then it never happened. :)
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Reactions: danoftw
He’s also saying in one of the replies that Cael is the one moving on. Basically he doesn’t want to wait.
Not sure I buy that considering Cael has landed major recruits later than this.

Offhand: Starocci committed much later than this, IIRC mid-November of his SR year.

Unless something else is going on ...

Last edited:
Reactions: fronk71
idk for sure but what mineo said (according to what i know) is very plausible. adds up.

At one time I was super pumped on Bouzakis and while he'd be a great get, I don't think he's as invincible as I once thought he was. He's going to be sharpened into a stud, but I am sure Cael will land someone he wants.

I can buy that Cael has other targets to pursue, and potentially with limited money. Kinda like that year Joe told 3 QB recruits that he only had 2 spots and the first two to accept were in. (Too bad Chad Henne was the 3rd.)

For giggles, from Intermat's commitments tracker going back to 2013, here are major PSU recruits who committed after 9/5 of their SR year (not including late flips like Steen and Verk):
Van Ness - 9/7
Starocci - 11/10
Brooks - 2/1
Berge - 11/2
Hall - 11/11
Cenzo - 9/29
Zain - 9/6

IMO it's safe to say Cael will wait for recruits he thinks are worth waiting for.

BTW, @smalls103 -- potential glitch on the Intermat commits tracker: there appears to be no page for the 2021 commits. "Current" page is 2022 (which is appropriate). Notes on Current page say it's 2021 and provides link to 2020. Tried going to 2020 page and then typing 2021 into URL, didn't work. Not a huge deal, but nice to have if those records still exist.

Isn't Nate Jesuroga from Texas or something originally? Not Iowa born and bred 🤔

Nic, was offered full rides to osu, VT, and O$u.

PSU didn't offer as much, plus Nic wants to move out of the area.

Great kid, and I will be rooting for him wherever he chooses.
I know nothing when it comes to what programs offer but it surprises me that top 5 programs are handing out full rides.

Reactions: hlstone
I think full rides are slightly less important these days with NIL in the picture, and being a Nittany Lion should seem like a pretty compelling value with respect to NIL. Granted I would expect a few locations across the country to fly well above the others. Phil Knight in Oregon comes to mind. The weekly interest in his investment portfolio could likely fund a whole football team's roster with 5 figure NIL deals. If you had the chance to gander their track and field facilities during the trials, wow, something to behold.

It will be interesting to see if full team promotions and photos start popping up across the NCAA as a way of easily spreading the wealth. Imagine a recruiter stating ' over the last 4 years or kids on average have seen $5000 in NIL money from various sources. I can't guarantee ..... but that's what it kids have been able to go out and get... "

Reactions: Str8DBLz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT