ADVERTISEMENT

PA HS Wrestling thread

Love the out of bounds. If the mats have enough room to allow wrestling to continue it should. If the mat is too small and they run out room blow the whistle. Wrestle to the whistle. No reason to not have the rule in place because all mats can’t handle the rule.

Reactions: Ski
Love the out of bounds. If the mats have enough room to allow wrestling to continue it should. If the mat is too small and they run out room blow the whistle. Wrestle to the whistle. No reason to not have the rule in place because all mats can’t handle the rule.
Rather than have schools buy new mats, which I'm sure aren't cheap, can they buy extenders to widen the out of bounds area while still on the mat?

I coached against him from 8U up through 14U and that’s all anyone refers to him as. I don’t remember the backstory of the nickname origin very well, but I think it was his grandpa Nate who gave it to him. He’s one of those kids who doesn’t look shredded, but he’s very much a horse with good athleticism. He was runner up to Dreshaun Ross as a freshman and runner up last year to a kid from Southeast Polk.

121:

AA - Seidel MD Music 8-0
AAA - Dillard dec Kapusta 3-1 SV

Dillard ate his cabbage..................

For board posterity, now that some time has passed, I will explain my attempt at humor above. Anyway, in Slovak (and Polish and Ukrainian), Kapusta means Cabbage. Either nobody picked up on it or it wasn't humorous enough to get a chuckle. Okay, now I can sleep............... 🤣

For board posterity, now that some time has passed, I will explain my attempt at humor above. Anyway, in Slovak (and Polish and Ukrainian), Kapusta means Cabbage. Either nobody picked up on it or it wasn't humorous enough to get a chuckle. Okay, now I can sleep............... 🤣
47cb4766-f1b7-4dd9-869b-e1d4ca395c3b.jpg

2 interesting notes from today's PIAA mtgs:

1. Hershey will continue to host states thru 2028. PSU submitted a bid to host states. It was not as good as Hershey's bid -- in no small part because PSU added a bunch of extra fees for fans, schools, and staff.

2. NOBODY bid on state duals, including Hershey and PSU.

Not a big fan of Lombardi, nor do I trust much of what comes out of his mouth. However, Penn State submitting a bid knowing it isn't going to be the best and expecting a different than the obvious outcome is typical Penn State.

I've been going to Hershey since the late 1980s so am partial to keeping individual duals there out of nostalgia alone. State duals are better suited for a smaller venue. Maybe not quite as small as CV, but much smaller than the Giant Center.

2 interesting notes from today's PIAA mtgs:

1. Hershey will continue to host states thru 2028. PSU submitted a bid to host states. It was not as good as Hershey's bid -- in no small part because PSU added a bunch of extra fees for fans, schools, and staff.

2. NOBODY bid on state duals, including Hershey and PSU.

I can't blame the Giant Center for not submitting a proposal for the team duals. It doesn't make sense to have such a big venue with so few fans.

Rather than have schools buy new mats, which I'm sure aren't cheap, can they buy extenders to widen the out of bounds area while still on the mat?
That would not work for tournaments where the mats already take up all to room available on the arena floor. Would work for duals but there is no incentive for schools to invest any more money in wrestling than they already have.

Not a big fan of Lombardi, nor do I trust much of what comes out of his mouth. However, Penn State submitting a bid knowing it isn't going to be the best and expecting a different than the obvious outcome is typical Penn State.
Hershey ain’t cheap but they are subsidized by Hershey corp and I doubt the town was giving it up without a fight. PIAA wins because with PSU pushing the ante was upped! No one has competed for it in the past. There’s now another who wants it. Competition is good. The two that were not determined have been in Hershey, too… hmm I wonder if they couldn’t handle four tournaments after saving wrestling the way they did.

Hershey ain’t cheap but they are subsidized by Hershey corp and I doubt the town was giving it up without a fight. PIAA wins because with PSU pushing the ante was upped! No one has competed for it in the past. There’s now another who wants it. Competition is good. The two that were not determined have been in Hershey, too… hmm I wonder if they couldn’t handle four tournaments after saving wrestling the way they did.
I have no idea what bids look like now but for years Hersey charged zero for the building, they just wanted the concession revenue.

From the news articles, it sounded like PSU's bid was not competitive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT