ADVERTISEMENT

PAC 12’s & Valencia

I'm one of the few (maybe the only?) people who like Shane Sparks.
Oh I like him lol. My heart starts racing when he gets excited it's like he knows something is coming that I don't know lol. My wife was like what is he on its just wrestling lmfao

Does anyone know his background? Was he a wrestler. Hard to find people that excited about wrestling. Except all of us of course lol

I love sparks—especially as the “sideline guy.” it’sa little much when he and Chertow team up, but i love his enthusiasm.

I honestly don’t think I know any wrestling fan who doesn’t like Shane Sparks ....

Last edited:
Does anyone know his background? Was he a wrestler. Hard to find people that excited about wrestling. Except all of us of course lol
Did a little research. Yes, he was a wrestler. Found a YouTube video of him in the Wisconsin Private Schools State Finals at 103 in 1994.

Saw Shane Sparks in a Minny dive bar the Friday night before Big Tens last year.

He was all wound up, super friendly, and talking wrestling to everyone within a 20 ft radius.

Dude is genuine & has a genuine enthusiasm of the sport.

To me, “Cocaine Shane” is a term of endearment.

Probably the all-time best Sparks-ism was when he called the Zain vs. Pantaleo match at nationals. Said he would love to be on bottom against Zain to experience what that would be like -- and quickly added the caveat: only if it didn't hurt.

He knew it would hurt. That wasn't his point. He was so geeked out that merely watching Zain wasn't enough.

Interesting comments. Here's my two cents. First, there was talk on FLO that perhaps this was not ZV's first trip down the violation street - the evidence being the "automatic suspension." IDK Second, I like Shane's Spark. Hard to be critical of someone who brings enthusiasm. On the other hand, his partner, JG, is a Natty Champ, but just can't shut up and let SOME of the wrestling speak for itself. And, he makes the same points over, and over, and over, and over, and over. Every time I wonder why didn't I just sync up the Ironhead audio with the video?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT