ADVERTISEMENT

Patrick Chambers will lead us to the Final 4 in 3 years

cyrizzle

Jan 10, 2010
He was an assistant at Villanova under Jay Wright who is arguably the best in the business. Pat is the first PSU basketball coach who can actually recruit the Philly and DC region well which is what we need! Using some of Wrights tremendous in game strategies combined with the incoming elite talent we have coming in will lead us to multiple NCAA tournaments starting with the 2016-2017 season, and in my opinion we will be a final 4 team in 3 years! You heard me right!!!

AS much as I want that to happen, it will take consistent recruiting classes similar to this years to do so. We need to make the tourney first...

He was an assistant at Villanova under Jay Wright who is arguably the best in the business. Pat is the first PSU basketball coach who can actually recruit the Philly and DC region well which is what we need! Using some of Wrights tremendous in game strategies combined with the incoming elite talent we have coming in will lead us to multiple NCAA tournaments starting with the 2016-2017 season, and in my opinion we will be a final 4 team in 3 years! You heard me right!!!

April Fool's Day was yesterday, not today!

Like the direction this team is going, but Final Four? I'll have 2 of what you're having!:p

That's unlikely but he may get to the ncaa tournament twice in the next three years which would be a first at Psu

Reactions: Ranger Dan
I fully support Chambers, but look at how long Wright has been coaching. There is no way we get to the final four that quickly unless we get some one and done types, and I don't see that happening.

That would be a staggering accomplishment. If he manages it, he should get a lifetime contract.

I doubt we get to the final four in the next 20 years let alone the next three.

I fully support Chambers, but look at how long Wright has been coaching. There is no way we get to the final four that quickly unless we get some one and done types, and I don't see that happening.
I'd be happy with some really good done and 1s.

Reactions: indoorgolf

Get back on your medication.

Reactions: rojo36 and nits74

If we are a sweet 16 team in the next four years - I will shove my car key up my ass

It could happen. Didn't Penn State make the Elite Eight not too far back?

Well in three years maybe he won't have a key it will be one of those plastic key fobs or whatever it's called. Won't hurt as bad!

lg_1015rv_0583.jpg

IN HINDSIGHT:

Cyrizzle was OBVIOUSLY talking about the Big 10(14) Final Four, not the NCAA Final Four!

Making the Sweet 16 once isn't that much of an accomplishment. Becoming a regular Sweet Sixteen contender is the hard part
Any Sweet 16 is a great year for any program; you never know seeding or match ups. PSU has 1 in my lifetime. PC needs to ramp up the D but the talent level is increasing like never before. Stevens is the real deal physically inside. Got to get to .500 next year in conference and bring in another top 30 class and build. Lots of good programs in B1G, but the goal isn't to win B1G title, but to get to the Tourney and win some games. Build the program.

I"m super optimistic. I think PC has done a great job. I doubt the final four, but syracuse is in it this year and they didn't even deserve to be in the tourney. I think PSU will start to become a regular fixture in the NCAA tourney-hopefully that starts next year.

PC gets another 5 years unless the the program is trending down or "Sideburn" Barbour gets axed.

I'm optimistic too but Chambers has to demonstrate he can do a better job with the Xs and Os before we can look forward to regular NCAA tournament appearances.

I'm hoping he'll show more as better talent opens up more possibilities, especially on offense.

Have another drink but make sure somebody else is driving.

Reactions: rojo36 and nits74
It could happen. Didn't Penn State make the Elite Eight not too far back?
No, lost to Temple in the Sweet 16 after having beaten them early in that season. Can't remember the year, but has to be close to 10 or more years ago. Someone here will know.

I'm optimistic too but Chambers has to demonstrate he can do a better job with the Xs and Os before we can look forward to regular NCAA tournament appearances.

I'm hoping he'll show more as better talent opens up more possibilities, especially on offense.

These guys are talented offensively, but great programs win big games also with suffocating defenses and/or huge inside presence. See Nova and Carolina tonight, UofL in 2013, UK in 2012. This is where State needs to get lots better as a team.

Love it. Pat is getting it done on and off the court. 2018 could be the year he breaks through

Put down the alcohol and go to bed. ;)

Reactions: rojo36
Guys like Hampton would have to grow and exceed all expectations. Did you see the size and strength of NC's bug men tonight?

LOL

Reactions: rojo36
If we are a sweet 16 team in the next four years - I will shove my car key up my ass
I am sure you are used to things way bigger than your car keys! Dumbest post of an awful thread. The Bball program is moving in a very positive direction. Let's just be happy about that leave the keys in the car where they belong :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT